Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Better Single Paddle, Kent or Bencher?  (Read 2149 times)
VE3GNU

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 04:40:22 PM »

Really looking forward to your impressions of the
K8RA single paddle, Gene---
I, too, am 'on the hunt' for a single-paddle as an alternative to my Bencher BY-1.
73---Ernie VE3GNU
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2009, 05:25:31 AM »

No problems whatsoever with adjusting/settings. Movements smooth as silk. I like it.
I am in the midst of several things now, including a nice serving of DX, so dont have time to go into details, but it IS a keeper.
W4YA

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2009, 11:54:00 AM »

I have a Bencher dual-lever that I only used once. In my opinion it's a poorly designed key. Too many adjustments just to do the simple job of closing a contact.

I assume their single paddle is designed the same way and would not recommend it.

Ask them what is that big spring for? Why are there so many things to adjust?

Get something else.
N5XM

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 06:48:23 PM »

I'm glad you got the Kent.  For me the very low profile is perfect because I have small hands.  Take your time getting the settings exactly where you want them...this can be time-consuming on the Kent, but it will be worth it.  I hardly ever need to adjust mine.  I like the settings close as possible and the action moderately soft.  I would love to have the Begali and the zn single levers, but because I like them.  I don't need another.  I do have a Vibroplex, and love using it.  Good call, my man!  Richard, n5xm
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: