Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Standard C528A Programming  (Read 1257 times)
KC9NVP

Ignore
« on: March 04, 2013, 05:30:24 AM »

Picked up a Standard C528A Twin bander HT last month at a hamfest that was "dead on arrival".  Replaced the alum caps and it is now working very well.  A very nice radio.  My question is when programming for repeater use, sometimes I see both the "+" and "-" show up at the same time on the display.  I have tried reprogramming the repeater settings and still have both show up.  Other repeater frequency settings that I have programmed in are OK and have either "+" or "-" depending on the offset.

I know this is an old radio, 1992 time frame, but maybe someone out there still uses theirs and can help explain why on some repeater frequencies I get both to display.

David S
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 02:52:47 PM »

Hi David,

Its been too many years since I enjoyed the C528 HT, a fine radio IMO. 

Don't recall the +/- display issue, but maybe, if you've "opened it up" to cover more than the delivered freqs, could be the reason. 

When you have the problem, does it still transmit using the offset that you programmed? 

KC9NVP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 06:25:19 PM »

Well, not sure what I did, I re-entered the repeater freq and PL tone, re-save the settings, now only the "+" or "-" shows as it should if the off set is positive or negative.  Both times, I had the manual open in front of me following the instructions as I am still learning this radio.

David
KB5ZSM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 11:09:56 PM »

Hey David,
        Don't quote me on this as it has been many years since I owned one but it seems to me that when you program odd splits that both the + and - show up. In other words if the receive and transmit don't follow the usual .600 MHz difference in frequency, both indicators will be displayed.
       This same radio also sold under the Heathkit name but I don't remember the model number. Great HT!!!

Hope this helps,
Win (KB5ZSM)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 11:12:37 PM by KB5ZSM » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: