Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: APRSIS32 and OpenAPRS  (Read 12824 times)
KB7FSC

Ignore
« on: November 29, 2013, 09:38:52 AM »

I installed OpenAPRS on my Iphone 5 yesterday as I don't currently have a radio in my vehicle that allows for APRS operation.  This looks to be a good solution as I can integrate APRS while mobile.  I also have a kenwood TM-D700 installed as my base radio at home, and I have it interfaced with APRSIS32.  When I send a beacon with the OpenAPRS app on my phone, it shows up on my APRSIS32 map (as it should) on my home computer, but the software doesn't broadcast my position via RF.  Is this business as usual, or can I change a setting in APRSIS32 to allow my Kenwood TM-D700 to broadcast my position via RF? 

Thanks,
Wane - KB7FSC
AB4D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 12:10:13 PM »

Wane,

To be clear, are you asking whether your home station should beacon via RF in coordination with the Open APRS app in your phone?  I am probably misunderstanding your issue.  Nevertheless, Aprsis/32 should beacon on it's own if you have beaconing enabled under the Enables tab.

I would first check that you have the program and your radio properly configured. You should be able to force a single beacon by clicking the transmit tab.   The aprsisce Yahoo group is the best resource for the program, and should consider joining the group and posting the issue there.

73, Jim
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 12:15:05 PM by AB4D » Logged
KB7FSC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 07:28:18 PM »

Wane,

To be clear, are you asking whether your home station should beacon via RF in coordination with the Open APRS app in your phone?  

Hi Jim,
My home station is KB7FSC-1 and is interfaced to my Kenwood via APRSIS32.  All functions work fine, and I'm able to IGATE received packets and broadcast KB7FSC-1 beacon information via RF. 

I recently installed OpenAPRS on my IPhone and labeled it KB7FSC-10.  I was thinking that when my IPhone beaconed, that my home station would receive the APRS packet (which it does via IS) and rebroadcast KB7FSC-10 information via RF (which it doesn't).  I'm wondering if this is just normal or if I can change something to make my home station rebroadcast KB7FSC-10 information via RF?

Wane
AB4D

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 04:54:36 PM »

Hi Wane,

I don't know if you can achieve what you want (reverse I-Gate your Internet based KB7FSC-10 station from the internet to RF, with APRSIS/32.  Theoretically speaking, I don't see why it would not be possible. 

The best source of advice regarding APRSIS/32 is to join the Yahoo group and ask for assistance. If it's possible, the author of APRSISCE (Lynn KJ4ERJ) or some of the other experts there are going to know. Lynn monitors the group and is very helpful.

The group is at, http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/aprsisce/info
KB7FSC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 06:40:17 AM »

Thanks for the advice Jim,
I will give the yahoo group a try.  Always something to learn! Grin
Wane
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: