Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: APRStrack new Software  (Read 9449 times)
DJ0ABR

Ignore
« on: November 25, 2013, 06:02:24 PM »

we started a new APRS project in September in our local HAM radio club.
Now the first version is finished and working fine.

Our goal is to make a replacement for UIview running on Android smartphones and tables.

If you are interested in this development, you can download this software here:   www.aprstrack.com

In difference to most other Apps, this is a pure HAM radio development and of course free for every HAM
and free of advertisings.

We are looking for french or italian speaking people to help with translation of the GUI.

vy 73
Kurt
DJ0ABR
N5NA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 09:29:44 AM »

Gave it a quick try.  Looks good!

The only problem I had was when I exited the program it left my GPS running.  Finally had to reboot my phone to stop the GPS.

73, Alan N5NA
W9CMG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 10:52:23 AM »

I've installed APRSTrack on my Android phone. It displays my track with red dots for times of beacons on the map. However, I don't see me on aprs.fi. I've enabled the connect to aprs server button.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, W9CMG(-4 for ssid)
W9CMG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 08:39:42 AM »

I've installed APRSTrack on my Android phone. It displays my track with red dots for times of beacons on the map. However, I don't see me on aprs.fi. I've enabled the connect to aprs server button.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, W9CMG(-4 for ssid)

Problem is solved and it seems to work well.  Kurt was kind enough to answer my email and troubleshoot the problem. It seems that my download was an earlier version and redownloading it got me squared away.

Thanks, Kurt and 73
Kim
DJ0ABR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 03:21:46 PM »

the actual version is now 1.8

Please everybody, update to 1.8 it is a huge improvement:

Standard APRS transmits 6 numbers for the latitude and 7 for longitude. This is not enough to get full GPS accuracy.
Therefore Bob, WB4APR, developed a protocol extension to add the missing two deimals.

APRStrack V1.8 supports this protocol, and aprs.fi supports it too.
If your smartphone has a good GPS receiver than you can see if you are driving on the right or left lane of the street.

If anybody of you guys has an idea or a problem, just write me an email. I wrote this free app just for fun because I love programming, and I will continue as long as we have new and good ideas for this program.

vy 73
Kurt
DJ0ABR
www.aprstrack.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: