Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7O6T DXpedition Video is available for viewing!  (Read 1254 times)
N6PSE

Ignore
« on: March 08, 2013, 09:39:55 PM »

The 7O6T Team is glad to announce that our DXpedition video is now available for free download.  We have uploaded the video to two different sites where you may view it:

1) You can view the High Definition version of this 12 minute video from this link:

https://vimeo.com/61384528

2) You can also view the Standard Definition version of this video embedded on our web page. Please go to www.intrepid-dx.com select DXpedition Video, then select 7O6T DXpedition Video.

http://www.intrepid-dx.com/   For SD version.

Thank you for supporting the 7O6T DXpedition to Socotra Yemen.

Paul N6PSE
The Intrepid-DX Group

W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 09:56:09 PM »

Great video from one of the most memorable DXpeditions in my history of hamming. Thank you so much for being part of this and providing one of the most needed entities in the world to The Deserving.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 09:57:14 PM »

Thanks Paul.  I enjoyed it very much.  162,000 Qs are just incredible.  Thank you for bringing this unique operation to us.

Jonathan W6GX
W2LO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 05:22:03 AM »

I never thought I'd see a dxpedition from Yemen on this scale; it truly was one of the most memorable DX events ever. TU to all who made it happen!
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 05:12:01 PM »

Great video. My sole 7O6T QSO on 15m is my most prized QSOs to date.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 06:01:41 PM »

I enjoyed watching the video. The thrill of operating from 7O must have been out of this world. I know the thrill of working you guys and getting the QSL card was exhilarating. To go from no chance of working Yemen to having the QSL card was a DX'ers dream. Thanks guys! Last year was quite a year!
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 11:19:03 AM »

OMG PAUL!!!!...That was tremendous!!!!.....A very nice insight as to what it's like over there and then the operations....You guys are seriously some of the bravest heartiest souls in Ham Radio....I especially love the footage of you guys on the plane with those sh*t eating grins on your faces as if to say "wait until we shock everybody and the world hears us!!!".....Love it.....Two questions....I noticed that you were not using any keyers for CW.....What were you using as far as software for CW and did the software decode the incoming signals?.....And also, when is the dxpedition to Mt. Athos???....LOL....Couldn't help myself...watched that video too......Thanks for a great video, a great expedition, for giving the world the rarest of the rare, and for being there......

V
KA3NRX

N6PSE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 11:37:24 AM »

We used Win-test for logging and the majority of CW sending is done via macros. A few guys used paddles in conjunction.  CW decoding is done by the operators themselves.  

I'm glad you enjoyed the 7O6T video. It was a thrill to bring this DXpedition to everyone.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 11:59:44 AM by N6PSE » Logged
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 11:24:32 PM »

Paul, thanks for the awesome dxpediton and video.  Can't wait for the next Dxpedition by Intrepid!

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: