Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hissssssss... database glitching?  (Read 6347 times)
KE7EYX

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2013, 08:10:06 AM »

A radio gets RF and lately eham is getting internet RF  hi hi
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2013, 11:22:30 AM »

The problem at our end should be cleared up now, but you might want to clear your cache/history to clear it up at your end.

Mike N2MG
webmaster
K5WLR

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2013, 02:15:33 PM »

Nope. Cleared history and still getting a contesting site and a snake site.  Huh
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2013, 02:37:19 PM »

Same here  Huh
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2013, 02:41:51 PM »

I've been getting the snakes and contesting pages all afternoon also - and on two different computers, one of which is set to always clear history, cookies, etc each time I close the browser. I've looked at the page source and it is the eham main page but it seems to be pulling pages from the other servers - a relative addressing issue perhaps?
KE5JPP

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2013, 02:55:34 PM »

Ditto here.  You still have something wrong.
KX8N

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2013, 04:03:22 PM »

7:02 PM eastern time here, just got the snake site, then the other one. On the third load I got eHam back, so the problem is still there as of right now.
KX8N
K5TR
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2013, 04:08:01 PM »

7:02 PM eastern time here, just got the snake site, then the other one. On the third load I got eHam back, so the problem is still there as of right now.
KX8N

Very strange - flushed another cache here - I and the other developer have yet to see this issue.

If there are local caches on your ISP or elsewhere on your network you might be getting stale data
from there.... please keep me posted.

Thanks

George
K5TR
K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2013, 04:37:49 PM »

Keep flushing!!! I have an urge to rent "Snakes on a Plane." Grin Grin Grin
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2013, 05:42:37 PM »

Try continually hitting the F5 key to reload the home page. I just got the snakes or contest site to load about 5 times out of 30 reloads.

How are the eham, contest and snakes sites related? Are they on different machines or virtual servers on the same hardware?

The header, left column, and the footer belong to eham. Everything else is related to snakes. All of the snakes graphics are broken (red X). When you mouse over the links, they all refer back to eham pages - mostly articles.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 06:00:49 PM by AA4PB » Logged
K5TR
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2013, 07:11:09 PM »

How are the eham, contest and snakes sites related? Are they on different machines or virtual servers on the same hardware?

The header, left column, and the footer belong to eham. Everything else is related to snakes. All of the snakes graphics are broken (red X). When you mouse over the links, they all refer back to eham pages - mostly articles.

How very odd.  I still have not been able to make this happen on my machine and I access the site just like everyone else nothing special.  I have just tried another thing in an effort to get this to not do that.  The sites all share the same code and infrastructure and I am pretty sure I understand how it happened in the first place but I am less clear why it only seems to affect some users.  I was thinking it was ISP caching but I see that you are indeed getting another sites urls on the end of the eham.net domain name.

George
K5TR
KX8N

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2013, 04:09:42 AM »

The site was Duathlon this morning when I checked it just now (7am eastern). I'm using Windows 7 with Chrome browser, Time Warner cable internet. I was already logged in, just went to the site for the first time this morning using my normal bookmark, and it looked just like it did yesterday - which was all messed up. I refreshed and it was normal eHam without any pictures at all loading, and then I refreshed a second time and everything was normal.
KE5JPP

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2013, 04:17:22 AM »

7:16 AM  3/12/2013

Now getting the contesting webpage 6/10 tries.
KB9WQJ

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2013, 04:57:54 AM »

Ssssssnakes this morning for me.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2013, 05:05:19 AM »

Happened to me again today--this time the contesting site was the one that came up.  Something else odd--it seems that someone/thing is trying to reposition the part of the page (scrolling jumps) on my monitor.  I've just flushed my caches, reinstalled Firefox, and even reloaded java, flash and shockwave on the chance that one of those plug-ins are the cause.  No dice, it's still happening.  DNS site change did no good either.

I would be down to a complete reloading of the OS except for the fact that the same thing is happening to quite a few people.
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: