Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING, AVOID ANY DEALINGS WITH THIS PERSON; Marion Hopkins KC4EOW  (Read 3504 times)
N1FAM

Ignore
« on: March 09, 2013, 08:15:31 PM »

This is not a person to deal with for any reason or on any level.  I agreed to trade my decked out Yaesu FT-107M transceiver, with the matching external VFO and matching Tuner for his Ameritron 811H Amp.  He presented the Amp as four years old, bought new by him, in pristine condition, in and out, and hardly used.  I also had the Yaesu matching Speaker/Phone Patch.  It was not part of the initial deal but he asked if I would send it and he would pay the agreed upon $100 price I was asking for it.  I agreed and shipped all four items.  Deal was we each would pay shipping for the item(s) we were buying, not selling.  Radio and components shipping was about $80.  Amp shipping was about $40.  The Amp arrived with three broken solder joints, the tubes installed incorrectly, the serial number label missing, and a bent and beat up cabinet with a spot power ground (3/32” deep and the size of a quarter) where one screw should have been.  Ameritron Technical and the internal markings on the Amp components confirmed the Amp was really 16 years old.  Any attempt to seek an explanation or discuss the issue with this man resulted in him becoming very abusive, confrontational, demeaning, vulgar, and argumentative.  He shouted, made disparaging comments and accusations and continued to talk over me while being contradictory, nonsensical and a bully.  In the end I sent a great radio and received a beat up Amp and am out the price of the speaker/patch as well as the $40 shipping he owed me.
W0GXA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 06:49:26 PM »

Have you seen his picture on QRZ? Maybe ur equipment is in it.  Anyway, yeah,.... i wont say any more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: