Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Propagation forum  (Read 3558 times)
WX2S

Ignore
« on: March 11, 2013, 08:44:32 AM »

There seems to be quite a lot of discussion on the topic of propagation, but no forum specifically for it. It'd be nice if there was a forum just for this important topic.

- WX2S.

73, - Steve WX2S.
I subscribe to the DX Code of Conduct. http://dx-code.org/
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 08:34:50 AM »

There is a propagation section on the main page, right at the bottom of the right hand side of the main page.  There's a bunch of links besides reports. 

Other than that, there's enough arguing about other things here on the forums, so why should there be another forum to argue about propagation--something we can't do anything about?   Grin   

Mind you, I'm not against the idea, but it seems redundant and counterproductive.  73!
W5CPT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 09:41:22 AM »

I can see the need of a Propagation Forum  if  it were about how to figure out what the SFI - A & K mean and how to relate the numbers to what you can and cannot hear.  Back when getting a licence was a much longer process and you sat with an Elmer, we were taught what bands were open when and which were not.  We may not have been directly taught, but when Dan W1ARE (sk) told me to come over at about 8:00 PM because we were going to listen to 40 Meters, I learned that evening was a peak time for 40 Meters.  With the advent of the internet becoming the Elmer for a lot of hams, eHam has gone a long way in teaching them the basics.  And true enough there is no place to learn the basics of propagation here on eHam.

My two cents;

Clint - W5CPT -
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 04:29:51 AM »

Good enough reason!  And one I can agree with--as long as it doesn't end up as another vehicle that serves to promote argument like all too many other of the fora here.

Thanks--and 73!
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 05:29:50 AM »

Since no one, but perhaps a deity, manufactures "propagation" I think the arguments would be few.

Then again...

Wink

Mike N2MG
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 05:36:06 AM »

OK, done!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: