Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My responce gets wiped out  (Read 2570 times)
NO2A

Ignore
« on: March 24, 2013, 06:11:41 PM »

I`ve had this happen a few times. I`m typing a responce to a post,and right before I go to upload it my typed messege gets wiped out from my screen. Like it`s being auto refreshed somehow.
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 05:58:59 AM »

I don't know what might be happening (have not heard of this before) but realize that when you are entering text into any field in a browser that certain keys are "owned" by the browser.  If you are unaware of this, then pressing the key might do something unexpected.

For example, try replying to this post and in the big message box where you do most of your typing, hit the <TAB> key - it moves you from the message box to the "Post" button on the bottom. If you then hit an <ENTER> you will post what you've typed.

So, maybe you are hitting some odd key combo that causes that "auto-refresh" type of result?

What browser and OS versions are you using?  I'd guess some act differently than others.

Mike N2MG
WA3RSL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 02:36:58 PM »

I've had this happen so I always right click and copy the text before I post or e-mail, etc.

Frank

WA3RSL
KR4BD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 08:16:02 PM »

I've experienced this, too.  Like WA3RSL, I copy the text before posting because sometimes...it just evaporates into outer space!  Then I paste the saved copy and try again with my fingers crossed....!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: