Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is CW going to survive?  (Read 4961 times)
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2009, 10:13:57 AM »

The contest with the greatest participation ever occurred in 2008 -it was the CQ WW CW DX contest with over 5,000 entrants.

You could put on your headphones and be oblivious to anything else. It was 48 hours of a CW wonderland. I don't think this year's was quite as busy but its still great to hear all those stations from all over the world.
N7DM

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2009, 12:24:24 PM »

...Like a soap-opera, you can climb on, anytime, and not miss much!

Couple weeks ago I heaved a sigh of resignation, found my mike, plugged it in, and *tried* SSB again. [Ran a LOT of SSB years ago; hard to run Phone-Patches on CW].

After a few days, I threw in the towel. Mostly nice enough guys; just a couple real LIDs. On the other hand, none that I ran into knew much about radio, HAM radio, or much else 'ham' type stuff. One guy seemed pretty knowledgeable but from the context and discussion I figured there was some chance he was a Call-Adopting-Bootlegger.

I don't know how much longer *I* will last, nor Ham Radio, nor Sun-Spots, NOR much of anything else, but *I* will 'ride it out' on The Music Mode. At least the few QSOs I get will be with experienced HAM OPs....

didididit   didit

dm
KJ4DHI

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2010, 08:14:45 PM »

When I was a teenager many sports reporters predicted the demise of baseball because it was too slow and less exciting than football or basketball. Well, baseball is still here and so is cw thank heaven. There's a beauty and symetry to both that can't be duplicated. cw forever, tinker to evers to chance.
W7ETA

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2010, 09:58:45 AM »

SO far, CW is still here.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: