Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News Flash: comment on recent events  (Read 4193 times)
W1JKA

Ignore
« on: March 14, 2013, 05:53:42 AM »

WHITE SMOKE, says a lot about the faith that the Vatican City Fathers have in modern day communications.However I did notice several blinking lights and orange vest among the crowd in St.Peter's square,probably the Italian ARES boys authorized and activated by the Swiss Guard.Thank god for CBS.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 09:53:59 AM »

More likely they were first aid people that the Vatican had out to administer to the aged and the infirm.  Rome isn't the United States and its groups that want to push ham radio emcomms into everything.
G7MRV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 06:05:25 AM »

Considering that the Vatican own and lease some of the most high power HF broadcasting facilities in the world, have the worlds oldest intelligence service, and the Swiss Guard are one of the highest trained security services on the planet, carrying out counter-surveillance, internal security and close protection, plus ensuring the safety of millions of pilgrims a year, all while concealing very modern automatic weapons beneath quaint medieval costumes, i would think they probably dont require the help of a handful of self obsessed, overweight radio hams.

The white smoke, as with everything else the church does, is all for show. Behind the scenes its very high tech. It takes a lot to run the worlds most effective pyramid selling scheme

W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 09:52:37 AM »

Re: G7MRV  Reply #2

I didn't realize the extent of the Vatican's Mass communication capabilities it's all Latin (sic) Greek to me,very informative.In reference to your "worlds most effective pyramid selling scheme" did you mean the politically correct term for the Vatican's current stand on birth control or their extensive laundromat franchises the most recent of which just opened on the island of Malta?
TANAKASAN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 11:34:27 AM »

"It takes a lot to run the worlds most effective pyramid selling scheme"

Amen to that, although as a member of the Red Sea Pedestrians Club I should point out that we got there first.  Grin

Tanakasan
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 01:28:28 PM »

Re: TANAKASAN  Reply #4

As a member of the "Red Sea Pedestrians Club" perhaps you know a little of it's history.I would be interested in knowing if the original Red Sea Walk-A-Thon  event had any Palestinian ARES groups in attendance,they would have been easily recognized by their fluorescent sheepskin vest,shofars and bits of twinkling lights from sprigs of the Burning Bush.If they were, is there any possibility that they had a previous run in and parting of the waves (sic) with another RACES group and therefore had dibs on the event?
G7MRV

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 02:25:04 PM »

I didn't realize the extent of the Vatican's Mass communication capabilities it's all Latin (sic) Greek to me,very informative.In reference to your "worlds most effective pyramid selling scheme" did you mean the politically correct term for the Vatican's current stand on birth control or their extensive laundromat franchises the most recent of which just opened on the island of Malta?

Surely its only in Greek in the  Orthodox churches?
I was under the impression the laundry services closed some time ago, or perhaps that was just the Irish division. If the cardinals are all told by 'God' who to vote for, why does it take so long to choose?

Strictly, Im atheist. Its all claptrap. But by 'convention' im afraid im classed as Protestant. The main advantage of which is described here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifgHHhw_6g8
(a bit of classic british humour)

K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 03:49:43 AM »

Wow!  This thread sure took a left turn into...  somewhere else!    Cheesy
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 06:34:57 AM »

Re: G7MRV,K1CJS Reply #6&7

First K1CJS: Yes,definitely drifting into an area of excommunications.With regard to G7MRV's comment on the Cardinal's voting ,it is certainly a valid point,however I did hear that the actual delay was unfortunately due to the two elderly German chemist from Argentina whose previous expertise was in the generation of black smoke and were temporarily confused about the formula for white smoke when the order came down.
  As for the Protestants they are their own worse enemy since they lack any central organizational skills and no foresight to emulate the Vatican with a bank of their own that would not allow 99.7% of the faithful to have an account in. I often wonder why the Protestants do not have their own College of Parrots and their own spiritual leader.Personally I think it's a little late for Billy Graham,and in the past I'm sure the former Archbishop of Scamalot, Father Ponzi Madoff would have not not been passed over.
G7MRV

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 07:50:58 AM »

Re: G7MRV,K1CJS Reply #6&7

due to the two elderly German chemist from Argentina whose previous expertise was in the generation of black smoke

ooh, very controversial! And most definately black! (possibly with a red and white motif...) Grin
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 07:53:07 AM by G7MRV » Logged

W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 08:31:56 AM »

Re: reply #9

I believe it was either Sam Clemens or Will Rogers along with Johnny Appleseed that once said "Humor (black or white) and an apple a day will keep the undertaker at bay".  Dominus Vobiscum  ... _._
KA4NMA

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 01:55:55 PM »

I did not see the orange vest.  To clear up a post, you need to remember that Vatican City is an independent nation.  Rome and Italy surround that nation.

I believe that Vatican City is on the DXCC roll.  Prefix is HV and it is on the dxcc most wanted list at 113.

Randy Ka4nma
G7MRV

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, 09:04:04 AM »

I didn't realize the extent of the Vatican's Mass communication capabilities it's all Latin

Ha, I see what you did there!  Cheesy

W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2013, 10:12:30 AM »

Re: KA4NMA  Reply #11

Thanks for the geography lesson.So the Vatican is something similar to Olongapo City which is surrounded by Luzon that is surrounded by the Philippine Sea whose existence is only recognized by the faithful followers of Saint Branden the Navigator. Wink
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2013, 06:51:45 AM »

Wow.  What WAS the original post about.....   Grin
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: