Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AES Amateur Electronic Supply  (Read 30298 times)
KG6AF

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2013, 04:21:58 PM »

I will only deal with companies who show up at Dayton. Demonstrates they are truly in the market, care about hams, want to meet with their customers across the country, and are viable.

Perhaps all that a vendor's non-appearance at Dayton demonstrates is that they prefer to showcase their wares in a facility that has an adequate number of functioning restrooms.
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2013, 06:43:18 PM »

"Maybe to a "SWL' the attendance is is "dwindling", but the numbers sure do not show it."

It sure looks like it when you look at it overall. The numbers have been increasing somewhat in recent years but they are still far below the numbers in the 1990's. Consider the fact that during the years that the attendance was decreasing the number of licensed amateur radio operators was increasing.

Attendance by big vendors at Dayton is a very expensive proposition. At the same time, all the attendees expect a big discount. It's much more economic to stay home and take orders over the Internet. I expect that the Internet has the most influence on the vendor's decision to stay home. Mfgs who have new designs to show are a different matter.
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2013, 07:00:42 PM »

Perhaps all that a vendor's non-appearance at Dayton demonstrates is that they prefer to showcase their wares in a facility that has an adequate number of functioning restrooms.

LOL!

Ah c'mon....the sewage volcano cascaded the funk down into the flea market. The vendor's area stayed dry.  Well, until the people from the flea market came walking in. Ewwww...

KE8EC

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2013, 02:26:15 PM »

Through years I have placed several orders with AES. Each time, the salesman has been courteous and helpful. I have always been pleased with their service. All of these orders were placed with the Cleveland office.
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2013, 08:42:12 PM »

Went to AES in Milwaukee twice last week, and they're doing very well.  One of the sales guys told me that in earlier years, Dayton wasn't a constant attendance deal then, either.  He said they make a bang-for-the-buck decision on whether or not to go on a given year.

So, guys like WB8"NUT" can relax....or go on to another obsession like a zombie invasion or an incoming asteroid.

KB1ZHF

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2013, 09:26:10 PM »

Sales vs cost of vendor attendance ia a factor. The availability of personnel to man the event is another concern.
KE4JOY

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2013, 07:15:42 AM »

Have to add kudos.

Ordered an Astron 35 on Friday (along with some braided cable) arrived the following Monday in good order.

Now should I complain about having to pay sales tax?  Smiley
AC6CV

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2013, 07:40:42 AM »

Yup. When I get a package by USPS it is thrown on the ground next to my mail box, hung on my plastic flag until it breaks off. Lays in the rain or snow even when it will fit in my large rural mailbox. Complaining does no good. I try to get everything by ups or fedx and they put it under cover on the porch.
W8IFI

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2013, 12:04:13 PM »

I dealt with AES for over 60 years. I live 225 miles north of them. I placed several small orders with them lately and specifically requested USPS to save my shipping cost. The last few orders arrived UPS at the $9+ shipping charge and they had assured me it would go USPS. If they don't listen to the customer I reasoned I'll go somewhere else. And I have. For some reason I can ship to AES and it gets there in 2 days. From them to me takes 5 days. I guess UPS sees Michigan and it's sent over to lower Michigan then up the lower peninsula and then clear across the upper peninsula where I live. About 750 miles vs 250. So now I look elsewhere first.
WB6DGN

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2013, 07:18:42 PM »

Yup. When I get a package by USPS it is thrown on the ground next to my mail box, hung on my plastic flag until it breaks off. Lays in the rain or snow even when it will fit in my large rural mailbox. Complaining does no good. I try to get everything by ups or fedx and they put it under cover on the porch.

You're lucky.  They throw mine on my deck in back as I requested.  Only problem is that they walk around the side of the house closest to the mailbox and toss it about 15 feet onto my deck instead of walking around the other side, another 8 to 10 feet, where they can gently set it on the deck.  I happened to be walking outside when I heard a rather loud "thud" and found the nice eprom programmer I had ordered lying on the deck.  Shaking the box, I heard ominous rattles coming from inside.  USPS STRIKES AGAIN!  That wasn't the first time that happened but it sure was the LAST!
And, for me, complaining only insures that, next time, they'll try even harder... to do MORE damage.
Tom
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: