Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ARRL June VHF QSO Party  (Read 7843 times)
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 02:46:13 PM »

I hope others share their experiences.  I am new to contesting.  I could hear quite a bit of FM activity on 50.130 mhz and up to 50.200, but the QRM was too bad to fully copy anything.  I hope especially to hear about the experiences of those, like myself new to contesting who are just working as FM operators with very modest rigs. 

Laurie Flood
KG6ZSM

As already stated, there shouldn't be anybody using FM between 50.130 and 50.200.  If you really heard FM signals there, were you able to contact any of them?

I suspect they were just images from stronger signals "up the band" where the FM activity actually is.

If anyone transmitted on FM around here in that part of the band, they would be read the riot act immediately, and put on everyone's "ignore forever" list. Wink
WA8UEG

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2013, 06:19:38 AM »

No openings to speak of in far eastern PA. Managed to work FL, MS, GA & AL but the openings to those areas only lasted 30 seconds. Thankfully the east coast is very active on 6 and a lot of fun to operate, even without any openings to speak of I worked 154 stations and 26 grids. I do have a decent antenna and a high elevation which makes a huge difference on 6. Ground wave with 80 watts I worked Canada, ME, VT, NH, MA, CT, DE, NY, NJ, DC and of course PA. Side note: So far of the 154 contacts uploaded to LOTW I received confirmations from 78 stations.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: