Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NooElec trying to get an answer from them.  (Read 5228 times)
AI4HO

Ignore
« on: March 19, 2013, 03:34:24 PM »

>:(Greetings and salutations fellow hams, and any non hams who may wind up reading this as well.  I am way beyond frustrated with this company that has the moniker NOOELEC they are out of Oscoda, Mi.  I ordered a couple of items from them, namely;Ham it up V 1.0 RF upconverter for SDR, and, a TV301U DVB-T USB stick (E4000) with an antenna (such as it is) and a remote.  This order was placed on the 7th. of March via PayPal, I received an email on the 8th of March thanking me for my order and if any questions please email.  I received yet another email from NooElec on the 9th of March stating that my order has been shipped first class via USPS.  I figured I would receive these pieces in a relatively short time, 3-4 days, 5 days tops.  Here we are 10 days post ship date and I have yet to see anything.  The post office generated a "tracking" number, which is all but useless, in person is just as bad.

I have emailed the company this past Sunday, have yet to hear back on that one, emailed them again today, nothing yet, I called the number listed, guess what?  Got their voice mail.  I am beginning to think that this is a scam, that these items can only be had by various other means, ebay, amazon.com,etc.  I actually considered using amazon.com at first, it was while I was perusing the items that I wound up on NooElec's website.  So I did a little digging, adding, subtracting, found I could save a few bucks by ordering direct from NooElec.  Now, here we are damn near 2 weeks later and I'm no closer to my new toys than I was 2 weeks ago. It wouldn't be so bad if someone from the company would at least acknowledge I sent an email, or say, hey look, something happened, we had to recall, reship, rewhatever.  I am almost to the point of saying the hell with it, going to paypal, and discover, canceling the order and have the funds put back into my account.  I have given NooElec until 5:30 PM this Friday to come up with a satisfactory answer, after that, its too bad baby, PayPal, and Discover, you will be hearing from me .

Has any one else here in the ham/electronics community dealt with NooElec or any one associated with them?  I am at a loss as to what happened, I have patiently awaited, watching the mail, checking the front porch to see if by some sort of ham magic that the package had arrived.  But alas, its not to be, I will give them until the appointed time and day and then go from there.  Hopefully I will hear something from them at some point, I don't know, I just don't know, and its frustrating the hell out of me.  Again I am asking has anyone out there dealt with NooElec at some point in time, what was your experience like? Thank you all.

73 de Mark
AI4HO 
KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 09:21:12 PM »

Patience grasshopper. I mailed a package to the NE from Texas on 3/8 and it arrived on 3/18. The recipient had been without electricity for 2.5 days and the internet server was down for 3. He said they had snow that shut down everything. He inquired via e-mail(when it came up) and it arrived the next day.

Clif
AI4HO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 09:41:50 PM »

TNX Clif, If it is weather related or something happened to prevent them from shipping, that I can understand and deal with.  Its just that it has been 2 days shy of 2 weeks since I ordered my new toys, Friday will make 2 weeks since it was supposedly shipped.  I composed yet another email, found their support email address, sent them a short novel, nothing derogatory or malicious but straight forward and to the point.  What to do, what to do, i stated, just want some tidbit of information to guide me on which way to go next.  Hurry up and wait I guess, can't do much else, I'm disabled with my mobility leaving me a little more each day it seems like.  Thanks again.

73 de Mark
AI4HO
K2OWK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 10:44:39 PM »

Have you tried the post office web site www.usps.com? Go to the tracking a package location. Put in your tracking number (you said you had one) and you should see whats happening with your package. It will give you package information on the number even if it is just a delivery conformation number. I have always been able to find a package location in the system, if the package was shipped.

Hope this helps,

73s

K2OWK
K4FMH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 11:33:05 AM »

I bought a companion frequency converter to work with a RTL TV dongle for cheap SDR. They were reasonably quick on the shipping as they were back-ordered when I actually placed the order. Probably not a big company, focusing on open-source types of hardware, so the profit margins cannot be great.

The patience Grasshopper comment is perhaps the best thought! It will get there...

Frank
K4FMH
N4FBW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 10:27:51 PM »

I recently purchased an RTL dongle from these guys via eBay. Everything arrived in great shape in a little over one week. This issue sounds like a post office problem, although NooElec should be responding to e-mails.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: