Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Antenna Victory!  (Read 834 times)
KA4NMA

Ignore
« on: March 19, 2013, 06:04:52 PM »

My apartment complex is undergoing remodeling, both inside and outside.  I presented a proposal to the apartment manager requesting permission to install an antenna during the remolding.   They said yes!  When the vinyl, the work crew can install a wire antenna on the pressboard and then be covered by the new siding.  They do not want any attachments to the siding.  My original plan was for a random wire zigzagging along the front and then along the side of the building on the new roof extension, which is an upside v.   I am beginning to think of a vertical loop on the front of the apartment.  I live in a quadplex, 4 apartments to the building.  I would like to check into nets on 75m and chase dx on the higher bands, including 6m.  I will be using an SGC-237 auto coupler.  Which antenna would be best?

Randy ka4nma
N4JTE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 06:14:47 PM »

How are you feeding this and how much wire are you installing. ?
Bob
KA4NMA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 10:00:13 PM »

The loop would be feed with ladderline, the random wire direct to tuner.  I have not measured for dimensions for the wire.   I would guess about 50'60'.  The loop would be about 14X6 feet.   Oh that's around 25Mhz.  I wonder if a 2 turn loop would be better.  That would bring the frequency to 12.5 mhz.

Randy ka4nma
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: