Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buyer beware of scammer using KF6RCH  (Read 8257 times)
DW1NPE

Ignore
« on: March 20, 2013, 05:39:19 PM »

He posted an item at QTH.COM and never shipped it. -TE Systems 1452G 350 Watt 144-148Mhz 2M
    I am selling my TE Systems 1452G 2 meter amp. Needs 15 watts drive for 350 watts out. Does all modes SSB/FM/CW. You can RF key this or hard key it. I have the manual for the unit as well. It will be well packed. The quality and power output of this amplifier will just "blow away" the MFJ and Mirage amplifiers. Comes from a non smoker. $400.00 and shipping from 94123. Paypal OK. kf6rch at aol.com
    Listing #1052304 - Submitted on 03/11/13 by Callsign KF6RCH - IP: pool-173-55-69-210.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net
    Click Here to Email -- Send this Ad to a Friend
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 06:49:11 PM »

Benjamin:

Sorry to hear about this bad transaction.

You can find this person's telephone number
by entering his name and City, Zip Code, or State
(from QRZ Info on the Callsign you listed) at:

http://www.anywho.com/whitepages

The QRZ name and address matches the listed
phone number address exactly, even down to the Apt #.

A phone call won't get your money back, but
maybe you can make sure it was him, and not someone
who stole his callsign to use in a scam.
This is very
common unfortunately. If it is not him, I am sure
he would appreciate being notified his call has been
"hijacked", though someone can always deny being
the thief even if they ARE guilty.

You can often tell when someone is lying by changes in
their tone of voice and demeanor. An innocent ham whose
call has been hijacked will ask a lot of questions. A guilty
guy will huff and puff, get loud, make threats, and hang up
on you.

This kind of thing makes me sick.
This USED to be a gentleman's hobby.....
OTOH it seems to be the way our society is heading.
Degradation of personal integrity, morality, ethics, values.
73, Ken  AD6KA
W4OP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 07:21:40 PM »

Benjamin,
Please let us know what you find ASAP.
W4OP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 09:14:21 AM »

Benjamin,
Contact me at my QRZ address.

Dale W4OP
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 02:25:29 PM »

How did you pay him ?
K4FLH

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 06:32:14 AM »

Wish I knew this before I bought a radio from him.
Here's my story
Beware of a person going by the name of Stephen Brinck,call sign KF6RCH. He's doing business under the name Sanderson Sales.
His QRZ listing shows a San Francisco address but his phone number and Pay Pal info shows a Riverside CA address. Kind of fishy part one.
He posted an ad  for a RCI 2970 N2 on QRZ and I answered it and bought it. I sent him the payment immediately  via Pay Pal . After paying him I did not receive any shipping information until the 4th day and then all it was  was a shipping label that had been generated. .This was on Friday. The status did not change nor did the package show any movement for the next 3 days. On Monday I told the seller if there was no movement by the end of that day I wanted a refund and he agreed. He then stated that he was going to where he took the radio for shipping and find out what was going on. I told him hold off on the refund until after he talked to the UPS store people.
A change of status was posted on the UPS site on Monday but again there it stayed until now.
He again said he'd refund my money ,that was Wednesday the 20th and that was the last I heard from him.
This person is a liar and a thief and I want all to be aware
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 06:46:39 AM by K4FLH » Logged
W4OP

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 08:18:38 AM »

I agree with all the above. File your claim with PayPal and reference my claim via my name.
He sold the Collins RX to at least 2 people. I doubt that the seller is actually the KF6, although it's hard to tell as the KF6RCH has no email on QRZ and his phone is  disconnected.
Contact me directly for more information.

Dale W4OP
DW1NPE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 09:10:38 PM »

Hi All! I payed him thru Paypal and filed a dispute. My friend is also is a victim of the the same ads. Payed him $400. I am surprised why paypal is allowing some scammers to use there services.
I have the same story with William K4FLH. Seller did not send me any shipping info and after 4 days sent me a shipping label and tracking status of shipment never changed tracking number that he sent was UPS 1ZV66W830390953313. FYI found information with UPS that A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated." This is NOT UPS' problem. Here is how it works...Sanderson Sales makes a label for your package. UPS now has a computer notification that a label has been printed for a package. UPS picks up daily at these locations, but it is Sanderson Sales that has to put the package in the area for a driver to pick up. Once your package has been picked up, a driver will immediately scan your package label, and now the tracking number is active and your package can be tracked. Until the UPS driver scans your package, the package label remains as "label created". Most companies use UPS software to create their labels for shipping, so until the driver scans it... and the driver scans the package as it is placed into his truck... it is still at the order location. You need to talk to Sanderson Sales.... your package is still at his possession. He did not ship the package!!!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 09:28:02 PM by DW1NPE » Logged
NK7J

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 02:05:59 PM »

Wow am I glad I did not go through with the purchase of a TL-922A from this guy. I originally was going to buy the TL-922A from him but then was doing some research about him since some of his emails seemed.... a little off.
This might be of some interest:
http://seekingalpha.com/article/205732-weisel-accused-of-fraud
Also asked him if his QRZ address was correct and he stated it was.... [deleted by admin]

After reading the investigations into this guy and some of his odd responses I decided to back out of the deal.
Hope all of you who were scammed by this guy get refunded!
Jack NK7J
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 09:12:24 AM by N2MG » Logged
WV4I

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 06:19:46 PM »

I queried this kf6rch re the 1452g. He said he used an rs-50m to power, and drove with 25w, both wrong answers. Plus what s a guy in an apartment doing with a specialty high power 2m amp. At the very least he was not familiar with amp, so obviously could not vouch for its condition. The other thing that was odd is that at some point a 6er with a suffix of JFK interjected as if he were party to exchanged emails.

Takeaway. Always know what questions to ask, scammer or not, simply to determine condition. Wrong or vague or non answers, stop right there.
W4OP

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 06:35:59 PM »

When did this ad appear? He scammed a bunch in March- and lost when PayPal reimbursed everyone.

Dale W4OP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: