Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Easter Island XR0YG  (Read 9446 times)
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2013, 09:39:58 AM »

I heard them on 160m last night with my "beverage" on the ground pointed right at them. Honestly, if I can only hear them S2 in the Midwest I don't think they will have much luck bagging EU with their setup.

Their operating pattern seems strange to me. They will work 3 EU a JA or two then a NA station.

One op seems to just moving up and up every qso. I didn't have much luck on 10. But 30 was easy, 2 calls with 200 watts and 3 elements.
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2013, 01:04:50 PM »

Been calling since about 1300z this morning and NO JOY on 10m.
They just quit for grub.
By the time he gets back in an hour, conditions
on 10m will have gone to hell.
Maybe tomorrow.
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2013, 01:36:29 PM »

They just quit for grub.
Maybe tomorrow.

I am glad that I already have Easter I. on 10m as fickle as that band is, it is my favorite band to get a new one on except 160m. 

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2013, 02:00:25 PM »

They just quit for grub.
Maybe tomorrow.

XR0YG on 10M was clearly audible to me up through 9PM (0200 UTC) Saturday night (Sunday morning UTC). By that point he was working almost all JA's but up through 2300 UTC he was working lots of W/VE's.

There's something about 10M propagation to much of South America that makes this a rather reliable path. I asked my local propagation expert if this is TEP on 10M and he pretty much said no. But it is still a rather reliable path.
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2013, 03:05:36 PM »

XR0YG on 10M was clearly audible to me up through 9PM (0200 UTC) Saturday night (Sunday morning UTC). By that point he was working almost all JA's but up through 2300 UTC he was working lots of W/VE's.

There's something about 10M propagation to much of South America that makes this a rather reliable path. I asked my local propagation expert if this is TEP on 10M and he pretty much said no. But it is still a rather reliable path.

It doesn't have the boundaries to fit the classic definition of TEP but it is trans-equatorial and when the band is not open to Europe it is still often open to South America. Often, in the late afternoon, SA is the only part of the world workable on 10 meters.

Chris/NU1O
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2013, 06:09:36 PM »

Always surprising with 10 meters, they were very strong about 2345 UTC Sunday.  Nothing heard from them before then on 10.
VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2013, 10:24:35 PM »

No good at all on 10 m. Faintly audible at best.
Yesterday and today worked 20, 17, 15 and 12 m, so a couple of new bands.
I don't think I'll be able to work them QRP, as the pileups are too big!
A couple of new bands has made the chase worthwhile, however.
They are doing a fine job.
Luke VK3HJ
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2013, 03:16:05 AM »

They are audible on 40m, but just barely.
Lots of noise and several that do not understand UP.

Not strong enough to try regularly, but when the poke
out of the noise, I giv'em a shot.
NADA so far.

VOA-CAP says path sucks at this time.
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2013, 05:52:28 AM »

NADA so far.

I was kinda hoping for better luck when I saw then spotted on 40M and 80M this AM. XR0YG is audible on both bands (80M better than 40M actually) but heavy heavy precipitation noise from a very wet late-March snowfall. I could turn on the linear and melt the snow off my doublet and feedline but instead went out to shovel driveway :-). About 4 inches, I was surprised!!!!

Tim.
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2013, 06:19:26 AM »

NADA so far.

I was kinda hoping for better luck when I saw then spotted on 40M and 80M this AM. XR0YG is audible on both bands (80M better than 40M actually) but heavy heavy precipitation noise from a very wet late-March snowfall. I could turn on the linear and melt the snow off my doublet and feedline but instead went out to shovel driveway :-). About 4 inches, I was surprised!!!!

Tim.

I woke up to a foot of snow. I guess that explains the noise on the bands yesterday.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2013, 10:36:17 AM »

Took a while, but I finally got thru early this morning on 40m.
They came up outta the noise floor for a few minutes, and I gave it a shot.

Already confirmed on their on-line log.

About 4 inches of snow in Western Pennsylvania too.
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2013, 01:24:20 PM »

Congrats Bill!!!
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2013, 05:52:42 PM »

Got them on 2 Bands but it was a QRM Zoo on their Tx Freq.
I can tell you one thing for sure, if you don't answer them back within 2 calls and they move on the ops will not take your call again during that session.   I had a guy QRMing them when they replied, I was about 50% sure it was me they replied to after just making 5 calls but I missed some of the letters due to the QRM and the fast speed (for me).   They had a 59+5 signal on 20M and after that the Op moved on and no matter what he would not come back to me, I tried for almost 1 hour and no reply.   Yeah my bad but the QRM was unreal and my CW sucks.
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2013, 06:03:32 PM »

I can tell you one thing for sure, if you don't answer them back within 2 calls and they move on the ops will not take your call again during that session.   I had a guy QRMing them when they replied, I was about 50% sure it was me they replied to after just making 5 calls but I missed some of the letters due to the QRM and the fast speed (for me).   They had a 59+5 signal on 20M and after that the Op moved on and no matter what he would not come back to me, I tried for almost 1 hour and no reply.   Yeah my bad but the QRM was unreal and my CW sucks.

QRM was really bad on 20m last night too. There was some clown who kept sending dits over and over again. So loud that I thought it was going to destroy my speaker.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2013, 08:27:03 PM »

QRM was really bad on 20m last night too. There was some clown who kept sending dits over and over again. So loud that I thought it was going to destroy my speaker.

I always use headphones, when some CLOWN does that
it REALLY gets your attention.

Thanx Ryan.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: