Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Slow Speeds  (Read 6848 times)
M0LEP

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 01:33:40 AM »

If you want to use a more precise definition of "state" you should be more precise.

The intended definition was clear in context. Pedants are at liberty to disagree. A bit of googling suggests that VK0 actually covers a rather larger area than VK6, as does P[P-Y]8 (but it covers several states within Brazil), and VE8 (which seems to cover more than one Canadian state (or territory, or whatever)). There's probably a similar subdivision in Asiatic Russia, too, but I can't be bothered to hunt the information down. 'cos who gives a monkey's anyway.

Whichever way you look at it, Western Australia, covers quite a large area of land, and Perth is far enough from anywhere else that it's fairly hard to find "local" QRS CW (or any other "local" contacts, come to that).

Cheers. The membership list has 5 VK6 members listed.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 01:37:49 AM by M0LEP » Logged
W5LZ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 09:24:17 AM »

I think the simplest method of finding slower CW is by you calling CQ at the speed you are comfortable with.  Then, keep in mind that 'QRS' means please slow down.  That works most of the time...
 - Paul
VK6IS

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 12:48:37 AM »

still poking along,  with the CW ..
- can now receive <on air> about half of what the guys,
from those that are sending somewhat more slowly.
WB5JWI

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 09:05:09 AM »

VK6IS,
The SKCC also has members in VK land, some on every night. you might also check out
 http://www.obriensweb.com/sked/index.php?board=skcc
which is a place that SKCC uses to schedule calls and announce we are on the air. You do not have to be a member, although membership is free, to use the page. Just log in and let folks know you want a QRS QSO. Many do.

There is also a member in New Zealand, but I don't know how difficult a hop that is for your signals.

VK4TJ and VK4WM are often on, are members and will QRS for you.  I would like another VK number myself so if you are on the sked page when I'm there, let me know and we will see what we can do. For me Australia is best in the evenings and night on 40, if that is your band. Afternoon it is 15 or 20 most likely. Good luck, om.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: