Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CDR TR-2 rotor questions  (Read 457 times)
AF5CC

Ignore
« on: March 27, 2013, 01:09:19 PM »

Here is an oldie but goodie!  I recently picked up a CDR TR-2 rotor from ebay.  I can find little information about this rotor, though.  Does anyone have any information on it, like what size of antennas will it handle, or if the control boxes work with other rotors?  It came with 2 control boxes, so I have a spare to sell or use with another rotor.

John AF5CC
W5CPT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 03:21:02 PM »

Your rotor is one of the first and is a lightweight unit.  It would probably be OK for a small VHF or UHF antenna. The TR-44 is one step up and it will handle 7.5 square feet.

It came with 2 control boxes, so I have a spare to sell or use with another rotor.

You can sell the control box, but only to someone who needs it for a TR-2 only. While most of the control boxes are interchangeable within the CDE/Hy-Gain line, yours is not. Below is a clip from Norm's Rotor Service website.

Q "Can I use a Ham-2 rotor control box with my T2X rotor? Are the Ham-2, Ham-3, Ham-4 and T2X control boxes interchangeable?"
A "Yes, for the most part, all of the 8-wire rotors except for the TR-2 series are interchangeable."

And for the last of less than good news - Norm can not repair or rebuild your TR-2. The oldest he does is the TR-44.

Clint - W5CPT

AF5CC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 06:52:41 PM »

Thanks for the information.  Guess I will use it the the MA5B anyways.  Can't do much else with it, and maybe it can buy me a little time to get money saved up for a real rotor.  Guess I need to stay off of ebay!

John AF5CC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: