Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OQRS question  (Read 1040 times)
WX2S

Ignore
« on: March 29, 2013, 08:28:51 PM »

I usually send out QSL cards once a month. I'd like to find out at that time whether the DX is using an OQRS so that I don't have to mess with snailmail in the outbound direction. Is there any easy way to do this for a whole bunch of stations at once?

- WX2S.

73, - Steve WX2S.
I subscribe to the DX Code of Conduct. http://dx-code.org/
N6PSE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 08:33:35 PM »

You can look at NG3Ks announced DX operations page at ng3k.com.  You can see past, active and future DXpeditions.
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 08:48:54 PM »

Just type in the call on QRZ.  If there is OQRS they usually have a link to their website.  Also, follow all the DX bulletins you can get hold of.

Chris/NU1O
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 06:19:05 AM »

Clublog has OQRS links for many interesting DX. I will (by default) check there first. If you upload your log to Clublog, it will show you OQRS opportunities and auto-fill out much of the OQRS info for you. I would estimate that half of my OQRS action is done from direct link at clublog.

The most useful for "a whole bunch of stations at once" is the "log matching" option on the clublog home page. Again, you and the DX have to upload logs to clublog for this to be most useful.

Then check qrz.com where you are likely to find paper QSL instructions and (if it exists) an OQRS link.

Many operations do not start OQRS links until well after end of DXpedition. Checking DX bulletins will sometimes help you find "they hope to start OQRS in near future". Also may give some timeline for LOTW.
WX2S

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 06:38:20 AM »

I must be blind or something. I use ClubLog, I see the log matching, but I don't see any links to OQRS opportunities in the matched logs.

-Wx2s.

73, - Steve WX2S.
I subscribe to the DX Code of Conduct. http://dx-code.org/
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 08:37:08 AM »

It's in the list of dxpeditions, when you look at the list on the right hand side is an order button for oqsr.
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 03:46:15 AM »

I must be blind or something. I use ClubLog, I see the log matching, but I don't see any links to OQRS opportunities in the matched logs.

Oh, now that I go back and try it, "log matching" does NOT show me OQRS opportunities based on matches.

The two ways that I know of that worked this AM, are:

1: Go to "Expeditions" at the top, and for each one that OQRS is listed for, try typing in your call and see if there's a match. I think this is not the mass-matched OQRS list you want.

2: A bit closer, is go to "QSL charts". If you do not have a confirmed QSL with a country and there is a match, it will show you a green "Matched" oval, and if that is also a OQRS opportunity, it will show you a Pink "OQRS" oval that is also a button.

My observation is, that maybe folks were abusing OQRS by requesting bureau (free) QSL cards on every single match rather than just the ones they needed for confirmations and that's why there is no such "mass OQRS" search easily accessible.

On the other hand, I want to use OQRS to make donations to DXpeditions that upload their logs to and offer OQRS through clublog, and I don't see an easy way to find these opportunties in clublog without a lot of manual clicking and pointing.

I would encourage the clublog sponsors to look at my OQRS history and observe I always make a donation above and beyond the base OQRS fee, and that I strongly believe that many others would do so too. But clublog probably has to strike a careful balance between allowing free bureau requests vs the mass abuse of such requests.

Tim N3QE
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: