Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HRD and K3 Control  (Read 6032 times)
AB5Q

Ignore
« on: March 30, 2013, 07:15:07 AM »

I only use HRD (most recent v5 release) to interface my Elecraft K3 to a variety of digital mode software and a logbook.  However I routinely have issues with HRD assuming an undesirable control over my roofing filter selection, DSP bandpass parameters on the subreceiver. I'll shift or change the subreceiver's IF bandpass filter/bandpass settings and HRD immediately changes it back to the main receiver's bandpass settings. Control of the main receiver is fine.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can limit HRD's control over the transceiver to just frequency measurement (for logging) and keying? Is anyone using another option for the serial keying of a K3 with JT65HF?

John - AB5Q
KF7DS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 09:41:37 PM »

V5 had a lot of bugs and it's control of the K3 was flaky - however, V6 which is a complete rewrite, is stable and I have experienced no problems with my K3. Also, tech support is quick and excellent.

Don K F7DS
AB5Q

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 08:45:47 PM »

Thanks Don. John - AB5Q
AB5Q

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 09:59:48 PM »

Don -

What OS are you using? How integrated is HRD into your home station, do you use it for rotator control, logging and do you link the log with other programs like JT65HF?

John - AB5Q
KF7DS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 11:33:22 PM »

I have it running on a Win 8 Lenovo generic box. Use it for cw and digital modes, but no rotator control.

Very happy camper

Don KF7DS
K0IZ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 07:48:50 AM »

I use TRX Manager for my K3.  Works great.
AB5Q

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 11:05:19 AM »

I'm running XP, HRD is fine however the sizing and manipulation of the logbook, rotor control and DM780 windows are difficult to manage. The top of the window keeps appearing and disappearing and at times overlaps the tool bar/menus. Windows within the windows of these applications act strangely in the way. I finally got the logbook to talk to JT65HF through an updated version JT-Alert.  So once I get this disappearing windows problem resolved I should be all set. I wish that HRD had more options for sub receiver IF filter control, notch and APF as well, seems a little lacking in that unless I'm missing something.

Thanks again.
John - AB5Q
VA2FSQ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 11:49:01 PM »

I found a lot of issues of flexibility and completeness in HRD for the K3.  So I decided to write my own control program.  It works with the P3 ( if you have the SVGA adapter and a video capture board), K3 and KPA500.  I also hope to complete the interface to HRD's Logbook and DM780 soon, which I like.

Currently I have the ability to do just about everything the K3 can.  My last step is now working on  the filters.  Just like there is separate control of both receivers in the K3 with independent NR and NB, there will separate control of the filters.

I suspect the software will be ready in two weeks or so and I am looking for beta testers.  Please feel free to PM me if you wish to participate.

One thing,  XP is not supported....you guys gotta get rid of it!!

Tom

VA2FSQ
K3DCW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 04:18:32 PM »

I suspect the software will be ready in two weeks or so and I am looking for beta testers.  Please feel free to PM me if you wish to participate.
Tom

Tom,

Consider me for some beta testing if you'd like. 

Dave
K3DCW

Hamming it up on OS X!
www.machamradio.com
VA2FSQ

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 10:01:21 PM »

Sure.  What is the config of your K3 system?

VA2FSQ
K3DCW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 06:03:15 PM »

Sure.  What is the config of your K3 system?

K3/100 with a variety of options (DVR, subRcvr, various others), P3 w/SVGA.  Win7 64-bit machine running HRD 6.0.

Feel free to contact me at my call @ arrl dot net.

Dave
K3DCW

Hamming it up on OS X!
www.machamradio.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: