Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have a Kenwood DFK-3C separation kit from a TMV7A and getting ready to buy  (Read 3171 times)
NX1G

Ignore
« on: March 30, 2013, 12:47:01 PM »

a TMV71A and already have everything in place with the DFK-3C! I know the mic extension will work, the audio 1/8" speaker extension, and power cable. But I am not sure of the 4 pin cord between the faceplate and body of the radio. I don't really need the hardware as I can use double sided tape to attach the faceplate to my dash. He biggie is the control cable? Looking at the PDF from the owners manual of the TMV71A, it looks like the same flat 4 pin connector. Just not sure and hate to pay 50.00 for something I don't need and already have? I would appreciate any help here as I am getting ready to order the the radio and have to decide if I need the kit to remote the radio body under the passenger seat or I can use the cables in place from my DFK-3C kit. Please email me at nx1g@verizon.net as that is the easiest way for me to get your reply and I have only two days to find this out before the special price runs out on the radio. Thank you, Steve
M6GOM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 02:00:52 PM »

I made my own cables up. They're pin for pin straight through so as long as it fits at either end you'll be OK. The radio end of the head separation cable is an 8 pin RJ45 connector.
NX1G

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 05:08:56 PM »

I thought the only 8 pin was the mic female on the left side of the radio as I already have the mic extension that works with my MD53? The two ends of the extension cable for the head to body on the DFK-3C I have, have flat ends with four small copper contacts on each end and the cable ends are held in to place with small screws at the body and control head! So I don't get the 8 pin RJ45 as that sounds more like the mic cable extension?
VA3WXM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 10:31:47 AM »

Are you talking about the V7A or the V71A?  The DFK-3C is meant for the older V7A and uses proprietary connectors.  The V71A extension kit is the PG-F5 (an optionally the DFK-3D) and uses standard RJ45 connectors.

The mic extension cable is the same for both radios.  The control head extension cable is different.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: