Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The easiest country that took you the longest time to work?  (Read 3981 times)
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2013, 07:19:12 AM »

Can I change the question to SHOULD BE easiest, but took the longest?  If so, Monaco and Mt. Athos.
Someday soon I hope that will change to  Pakistan and/or Iran.  I just dont hear these guys,even when they are spotted.  I have worked circles all around them, but not those 2 Sad

Gene AF3Y

Gene,

Monaco isn't nearly as easy SP to the US as you might think.  They have a strict 100W power limit, and ther is a HUGE mountain range immediately to the west, so on many bands, LP might be easier.

Don, K2DC

Monaco and Mt. Athos are actually both confirmed here. I just took Longer to work em than I should have, in my opinion. 3A2LF as well as 3A2MD were worked from my S.C. QTH, within a month of each other in 2010. Monk Apollo was worked using my wire vertical (SP - LP?? hihi) from my Florida QTH. Pakistan and Iran are the DUAL THORN IN MY SIDE.  I have yet to hear either of them loud enough to work, and that includes from the SC QTH with a C-3SS up 50' or so.  I hear both just as well here on the vertical, but just not well enough......... sigh........ Roll Eyes

73, Gene AF3Y
AB8MA

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2013, 01:52:57 PM »

I am still trying for my first China. Mongolia, no problem.
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2013, 04:32:48 PM »

For me it was ZK3. Never could work them until ZK3OU and ZK3YA. I still could use some band fills.
AF5CC

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2013, 10:49:42 PM »

I'll turn this subject on its ear, though: Which difficult one took you the least time and effort to work? For me it was Bouvet. Just a couple of calls and in the log, 2 weeks later I had my card in hand. Bingo.

Tromelin.  Called less than 10 minutes to get them on 20 SSB back in 2000.

73 John AF5CC
N7SMI

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2013, 02:05:21 PM »

I've only been in this game for a year or so, but with 175 entities worked, two that have oddly eluded me are Bolivia and Romania. I've never even heard them on the air even though I've worked everything around both of them.
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2013, 02:15:09 PM »

I've only been in this game for a year or so, but with 175 entities worked, two that have oddly eluded me are Bolivia and Romania. I've never even heard them on the air even though I've worked everything around both of them.

Bolivia has at least one active ham.  YO is very active but difficult to get a QSL.  Look up these two prefixes on dxsummit to strategize a plan to work them. GL.

Jonathan W6GX
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2013, 02:36:15 PM »

One more thing, I have never worked the USA on any WARC band. Probably not even Canada either. I'll get around to it one day though.
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2013, 02:59:58 PM »

A few hours in CQWW or the ARRL DX contest will cure both of those in short order. Plenty of YOs (I work at least a half dozen unique YOs in every major DX contest if not more) and CP often shows up as well. CP4BT is a big player down there as is CP1FF. Both worked in 2013 on multiple bands/dates/modes. Romania also uses YP, YQ and YR prefixes as well. Dunno about CP, but there's bound to be a big number of Romanian stations in the IARU contest this summer, WAE in the early fall then of course in CQWW.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2013, 03:16:16 PM »

Don't forget the WPX contest too. Lots and lots of Romanians there.
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2013, 03:28:48 PM »

YO should be an easy card to get.  I have 6 different YOs in my log..... all confirmed with no problems.

GL/73, Gene AF3Y
AF5CC

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2013, 03:54:39 PM »

It took me 20 years to work VK on 15m!  I had it on 40, 30, 20, and 10, but just couldn't get it on 15. 

John AF5CC
K3GC

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2013, 06:47:34 PM »

Philippines.  I have 246 SSB countries.  i have made contacts all around the Philippines - litteraly - north , south, east, and west but they elude.
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2013, 06:51:08 PM »

Philippines.  I have 246 SSB countries.  i have made contacts all around the Philippines - litteraly - north , south, east, and west but they elude.
Yeah, that one was a real bear for me, too, now that I think about it. Two years before I worked my first DU. Anything in Zone 27 was hard from my old QTH. Guam was the easiest of the lot. I think you can guess the hardest Z27 Grin.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
AF5CC

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2013, 07:04:37 PM »

DU took me a long time to get as well.  First one was DU1EIB on 10m SSB. After that, it was like the floodgates opened and I worked them right and left.

John AF5CC
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2013, 08:18:19 PM »

Yeah, that one was a real bear for me, too, now that I think about it. Two years before I worked my first DU. Anything in Zone 27 was hard from my old QTH. Guam was the easiest of the lot. I think you can guess the hardest Z27 Grin.

You telling me? My First DU contact was on RTTY, and I almost NEVER do RTTY... but I just HAD to get that DU in the log.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: