Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QRP ARCI Spring QSO party this weekend  (Read 2700 times)
WB0FDJ

Ignore
« on: April 04, 2013, 03:45:19 PM »

Of course the hard core QRPers already know about this one. But if you've never taken part in this event you ought to try it. I joined this group back in 1980 and think I may have sent my log in once. But I always try to get on for a few hours and make some Q's with the brethren.

It's a real hoot. I've run across everything from regular multiop contesters running beams and top of the line equipment to guys who break out the HW-8, Argonauts and run them into dipoles using straight keys. A few will venture out with their Rockmites. For those who want to dip their toes into QRP it's a good time. Just send your power if you don't have a member number.

I'll be out with my IC-703. Hope to find you in my log.

72 de WB0FDJ Doc
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 04:02:00 AM »

Looking forward to it.I will be using my MFJ 20m Cub with Hi-per Might filter (14.060+-),Auto Jump start battery,and portable homebrew 20m hex beam from lake camp in Maine.
KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 08:57:31 AM »

Darn.. I missed this. Im looking forward to other outdoor qrp events this year!
WB0FDJ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 09:52:38 PM »

KB2FCV
Don't feel too bad. I'd been looking forward to this event for months. I work every other weekend so miss a lot of them.
The SO was out of town. I was going to sit in my pajamas for 24 hours, stopping to eat chilli and walk the dog. Even thought I'd send my log in this time.
Got sick Friday night. I made exactly three contacts and don't even remember them. Oh well, maybe the next one....

WB0FDJ Doc
KE9PP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 08:32:15 AM »

It was probably the chili that made you sick.......
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: