Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The easiest country that you haven't worked yet.....  (Read 1590 times)
K3NRX

Ignore
« on: April 05, 2013, 04:47:22 AM »

Monaco still a thorn in my axx!.....and Bahrain....see previous thread with my vent on that...Iraq, Palestine are in there as well, not to to mention South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands....should not have been sleeping back in 02..... Angry Grin Roll Eyes....which leads me to ask...are these places really that easy???.....oh well....

V
KA3NRX

KD8IZZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 04:56:48 AM »

Albania.
M0TTB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 05:12:51 AM »

According to clublog, it's ZL8... clearly everyone had a great time whilst I was on vacation last December (my YL booked the dates before dxped was announced) Sad

Andy
London'ish
AE5X

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 05:56:22 AM »

The Vatican.

John AE5X
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 06:20:43 AM »

Hmm.

Easiest one I haven't worked yet? I would say DR Congo. Why? The only station that I see regularly on the bands supposedly isn't valid for DXCC because he is undocumented.

The rest of what I need are islands, rocks, etc except for a very few others.

This is what I need:

Regular countries:
NORTH KOREA   #2
ERITREA   #20
MYANMAR   #25
TURKMENISTAN   #30
CENTRAL KIRIBATI   #34
EQUATORIAL GUINEA   #52
MACAO   #63
NAURU   #64
ANNOBON
MICRONESIA   #80
VANUATU   #106
DEM. REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO   #121
NORTH COOK ISLANDS

Rocks and uninhabited places:
NAVASSA I.   #1
SOUTH SANDWICH   #4
CROZET   #5
AMSTERDAM & ST. PAUL   #6
HEARD I.   #7
KINGMAN REEF   #8
TROMELIN   #9
JUAN DE NOVA & EUROPA   #10
SOUTH GEORGIA   #11
PALMYRA & JARVIS IS.   #12
BAKER & HOWLAND IS.   #13
WAKE I.   #15
SAN FELIX I.   #16
PRATAS ISLAND   #17
JOHNSTON I.   #18
MACQUARIE I.   #19
SCARBOROUGH REEF   #21
KURE I.   #22
KERGUELEN   #23
BANABA   #27
MINAMI TORISHIMA   #28
PETER I I.   #31
JUAN FERNANDEZ IS.   #35
AVES I.   #36
CHATHAM IS.   #72
TIMOR-LESTE   #87
ST. PAUL I.   #94
KERMADEC IS.   #104
WA4IIF

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 06:22:27 AM »

Cambodia, although I guess it ain't easy until I work it. :-)
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 06:23:23 AM »

Midway. I was a new ham then. My friends were bragging how easy it was to work them. I was thinking to myself what's so special about a city in Texas. Oh, they were talking about Midway and not Midland Cheesy

Jonathan W6GX
VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 06:37:36 AM »

Quite likely I and some friends will activate Vanuatu again this year, probably in September.
Nothing is "easy" until after one has worked it.
Mt Athos should be easy from here, but there are no DXers there.
Luke VK3HJ
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 06:40:46 AM »

Albania.
Guess I shouldn't tell you that I'm listening to ZA1G working NA with a decent signal on 15m at the present time and worked them with 25W? Smiley

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 08:07:16 AM »

I'll give ya all a good laff Smiley  I need ALL of the eastern European countries that were formed after the USSR brokeup!

Bouvet, Heard, Peter I... worked them all. But I never worked the really new and easy ones!  No excuse! One contest,
and with LoTW it would be over in a hour.

pete
W1EL

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 08:35:37 AM »

Monaco. I have 300 others, but no Monaco. Oh, and 4U1UN.

Gotta get on the air more...

73 de W1EL
K9YNF

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 09:03:07 AM »

I, too, waited years in vain for Monaco. Finally took the bull by the horns and sent an email to Dr. Laura, 3A2MD, and asked her for a sked. Gave her specific date, mode and time and a plan B. We met, as planned on 20 meters and now I have her QSL to prove it. Try this with any resident rare DXer who has an email address and you may cut to the chase.

Good luck!

73, Wayne, K9YNF
DXCC Honor Roll
IOTA Honour Roll
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 09:03:57 AM »

I'll give ya all a good laff Smiley  I need ALL of the eastern European countries that were formed after the USSR brokeup!

Bouvet, Heard, Peter I... worked them all. But I never worked the really new and easy ones!  No excuse! One contest,

pete

Wow - what a great place to be. You can bag most of this at night on 40M CW, almost year round. Or, as you say,  in a contest. Great fun!
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 09:07:28 AM »

Wow - what a great place to be. You can bag most of this at night on 40M CW, almost year round. Or, as you say,  in a contest. Great fun!

Well, with the possible exception of EZ (Turkmenistan), which hasn't allowed amateur radio operation legally since 2006. If you have that one already, you're golden. EX is a bit tough but they've been on around 9-10pm in the last week. The rest are pretty simple, of course.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
K9NW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 09:36:30 AM »

I'm not sure I understand.  No new countries were created with the breakup.  Prefixes changed but the entity status was maintained.
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: