Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MFJ service  (Read 1848 times)
W5ETT

Ignore
« on: March 29, 2013, 08:21:50 AM »

There are many posts about MFJ and I thought I would add a positive one.  I purchased a dual lcd clock at the open house last fall.  The UTC side eats batteries.
I contacted MFJ through their web site last Friday explaining the issue.  They asked for a mailing address and I received a new unit on Wed.  I know this is not a high dollar issue but I am still impressed with the response.  Thank you MFJ.
Kent
W5ETT
KS2G

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 12:38:19 PM »

After many years of service, the #2 message on my long-discontinued MFJ-432 voice keyer stopped keying my transceiver. Tech support at MFJ suggested in could be a particular diode, but replacing that didn't solve the problem.

I sent the unit to MFJ, but didn't hear anything from them for a couple of weeks after USPS confirmed it was delivered. When I called they said the tech who knows those units hadn't yet gotten to it, but expected to in another week or so.

Three more weeks went by with no word -- but on the day I'd planned to give them anther call, it arrived back on my doorstep.

Unfortunately, the enclosed report said the problem was a bad IC that MFJ no longer stocks.
But also no charge for the bench time (which included cleaning-up my less-than-perfect job replacing the above-mentioned diode) or shipping.

The report specified the specific IC required, and I found a source via eBay and placed an order ($14 including shipping from Hong Kong).

Awaiting arrival to see if that solves the problem.

Mel - KS2G

WN2C

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 08:27:03 PM »

I had an MFJ 949B and was running a Drake TR 4 thru it to a ladder line fed antenna.  One of the tuning caps shafts arced to ground while tuning.  Called MFJ as the insulators were shot.  The Tech said that they had upgraded the insulators to Teflon coated insulators and sent me several pairs.  Changed them out and was back on the air.

Rick  wn2c
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: