Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's Play "Guess that DX'pedition" Part 2  (Read 3664 times)
NU4B

Ignore
« on: April 05, 2013, 01:44:05 PM »

http://dx-world.net/2013/intrepid-dx-group-big-announcement/

?
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 01:47:51 PM »

Oh NO........ another TEASER?   COME ON PAUL....... fess up.......... Is it?  Is it?

Could it be KP1??   

I had a feeling you guys were very close to something.  Waiting with bated breath and a warmed up QRO.. hi hi.

73, Gene AF3Y
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 01:48:03 PM »

Ok, let me be the first to call P5. Cheesy
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 01:48:10 PM »

It's starting to look like 2013 will be a good year for DX after all!

Randy AJ4RW
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 01:51:52 PM »

I'm just happy that we now are starting to see some "big announcements".

Amsterdam alone motivated me to start improving antennas - which is what I needed - an excuse to go build some cool stuff......

And analyze what directions I need to have "bigger guns".
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 02:07:13 PM »

Amsterdam alone motivated me to start improving antennas - which is what I needed - an excuse to go build some cool stuff......

Rich, I gotta believe you love antennas more than DX Cheesy.

I Elmered a young guy for a bit, prior to leaving the S.C. QTH.  He was a diehard CBer who
lived around the lake from me.  I sold (gave?) him my old Kenwood rig and he took to DX, like
a duck to water.(I thought Shocked) However, it was no time before his wife called me to "Thank me" for all the wire,
etc in the trees in her back yard. She said her husband, Mike had gone crazy, riding around in his old truck, begging for old TV antennas, bamboo poles, old towers, ETC. ETC. Mike called me at least once a week to come take a look at his newest antenna project.
Long story short, I think he lost interest in DX, but was still making antennas for himself and some
of his buddies. Went by his house a couple months ago, there are two toweers up, sections of others on the ground, and lots of pvc and bamboo poles holding up all sorts of wires and strange loops, etc....  Grin.

Never got that antenna bug, and now with only a vertical allowed, I am content.  I have to try a little harder, but all in all I do darn near as well now as I did with the C-3SS on the tower and a delta loop and trap vertical. Good luck with your newest antenna venture Cheesy

73, Gene AF3Y
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 02:15:31 PM by AF3Y » Logged
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 02:14:59 PM »

Rich, I gotta believe you love antennas more than DX Cheesy.

I Elmered a young guy for a bit, prior to leaving the S.C. QTH.  He was a diehard CBer who
lived around the lake from me.  I sold (gave?) him my old Kenwood rig and he took to DX, like
a duck to water.(I thought Shocked) However, it was no time before his wife called me to "Thank me" for all the wire,
etc in the trees in her back yard. She said her husband, Mike had gone crazy, riding around in his old truck, begging for old TV antennas, bamboo poles, old towers, ETC. ETC. Mike called me at least once a week to come take a look at his newest antenna project.
Long story short, I think he lost interest in DX, but was still making antennas for himself and some
of his buddies. Went by his house a couple months ago, there are two toweers up, sections of others on the ground, and lots of pvc and bamboo poles holding up all sorts of wires and strange loops, etc....  Grin.

Never got that antenna bug, and now with only a vertical allowed, I am content.  I have to try a little harder, but all in all I dont get much better final results than I got with the C-3SS on the tower and a delta loop and trap vertical. Good luck with your newest antenna venture Cheesy

73, Gene AF3Y

Thanks Gene - and you are absolutely right.

I think its because I have been a computer programmer for 32 years and that programming is so abstract that I get antsy if I don't fire up the power tools and soldering iron.

I came up with the floating guy collar made from a toilet flange when my wife sent me to the hardware store to get parts to fix the drip irrigation.

I returned home with a double ipa beer, two toilet flanges, and no drip irrigation parts.

Guess what my wife thought!
W6DXO

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 03:19:28 PM »

If Paul and the Intrepid group are planning a "Big" announcement
this could be really exciting !!!

73 de harry, W6DXO

W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 03:28:22 PM »

If it is what I think it is (I was CC'd by a little birdie about a certain possibility a few weeks back), I'll be over-the-moon happy. Combined with Wake, Amsterdam and Heard, if this one happens, it will put me on the Honor Roll!

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 03:52:06 PM »

Ok, let me be the first to call P5. Cheesy

LOL you beat me to it Grin

I think Mr Un. should be in a very good mood right now for a nice American/South Korean DXpedition. Grin

If only Dennis Rodman was a Ham operator  Roll Eyes
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 04:01:05 PM »

W2IRT wrote:
Combined with Wake, Amsterdam and Heard, if this one happens, it will put me on the Honor Roll!

Well, I hate to be so picky, but Wake, Amsterdam and Heard are just band fills, so I hope this one could be a chance at a new one for me.

Chuck  NI0C
VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 04:10:15 PM »

Here we go again!
How nice it is though, to have New Ones to look forward to after a pretty dull start to the year.
Well, 20 April is only a fortnight away, so let's see how long this guessing game thread gets!
Though, I must say. I had to look up the Internet to find out who is this "Dennis Rodman" chap.
Pretty well any "celebrity" under 50 years of age is unknown to me, living under a rock as I do.
I can't see the unDemocratic People's Republic of North Korea being likely to be activated any time soon. Let's have reunification of the Korean peninsula and get rid of P5.
Just about any of the long-inactive Pacific atolls would be welcome.
How about Eritrea?
I always look forward to anything Intrepid gets involved with.
I'm "stuck" on 307, so no Honor Roll any time soon for me.
Luke VK3HJ
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 04:14:56 PM »

If it is what I think it is (I was CC'd by a little birdie about a certain possibility a few weeks back), I'll be over-the-moon happy. Combined with Wake, Amsterdam and Heard, if this one happens, it will put me on the Honor Roll!

Well now, are we back to Myanmar once again?

and remember... Col said:  "I can also reveal to you that I'll be part of an expedition later this year going to
 a SE Asia DXCC entity. I can't give anymore details at the moment until the license is secured".

73, Gene AF3Y
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 04:20:07 PM by AF3Y » Logged
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 05:55:07 PM »

I like PB1TT's approach - try to find a web site being set up.
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 06:20:15 PM »

Well now, are we back to Myanmar once again?

As nice as it would be, that's not the one I'm thinking of. I think XZ is probably still a few years off after recent comments. Paul will tell us all in due time, but I really hope this is what I'm thinking it will be.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: