Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Easiest Country You have worked but cannot get Confirmation From.  (Read 1783 times)
KD8MJR

Ignore
« on: April 05, 2013, 03:46:06 PM »

I noticed all these easiest country threads but none of them ask the Question I would like to ask.

I am yet to get a confirmation from Bermuda  Shocked.(Yeah I know your Laughing).
I have them in the Log 5 times but none are LoTW and I have sent out cards to two of them and never gotten a reply.  It's so bloody close to me that I keep forgetting to make an effort to get it confirmed, I keep thinking someone will go there on vacation, someone with a LoTW account and save me the hassle and money of sending out more cards.  In any case it's proximity and ease have made me forget that I needed it, until the other day when I was looking at my list.

Anyone else from this side of the globe have a very easy one that caused them lots of grief to get confirmed or have yet to get confirmed?

BTW if your wondering why I am asking the question, the reason is that I have one or two other entities in SA and the Caribbean that I need but have not gotten around to sending cards to, so if one of you old salts tell me that country X took forever and I don't have it confirmed I am going to add it to my Bermuda list and stop playing the LoTW waiting game with that one also.
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 04:03:20 PM »

My only holdout on 160 meters is Brazil.
W1NK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 04:24:14 PM »

My hold out is Uzbekistan.  I worked UM20Y for an ATNO, but after sending a QSL and GS (mistake) and getting nothing, I see on his QRZ page that he does not QSL and does not use LoTW.  Angry

Frank, W1NK
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 04:34:58 PM »

Every country I have worked, I got a QSL card from....it was a painful process to get them as at one point in history, the gap between countries worked and countries confirmed was close to 30 at the time about 10 years ago....I was fortuneate enought to get cards out of the stations/expditions that I failed to qsl back in the 80s and 90s (young, budget, chasing women unsuccessfully, excuses excuses).....The one country that I have had the most difficulty getting a card out of would have to be Rhodes, Dodecanese.....I do have a card from there, but I have worked it more than once....As some of you may remember, I had tried to get a qsl card out of SV5TS, but to no avail....so I just gave up.....the other country that fits this category would have to be the UK bases on Cyprus....again, have it confirmed, but only once.....the other station I worked on there about 25 years ago I could not seem to track down....

V
KA3NRX
YO3GJC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 04:48:47 PM »

Mine is YK1AO, but unfortunately there is a very good reason and I hope he is good and healthy
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 05:16:51 PM »

Canal Zone - KZ5VV. The guy would never answer my qsl requests.
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 06:31:41 PM »

None here (now). Before it was Moldova. Place was a frikkin' black hole for me for years. Nothing else evaded me for more than a few months.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
AF5CC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 10:52:16 PM »

Only one I have worked and still need confirmed is South Sudan (ST0R).

John AF5CC
WS4T

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 03:02:59 AM »

John, ST0R is on LotW. Are you sure you're in the log? Maybe they busted your QSO. Check here: http://www.dxfriends.com/SouthernSudan2011/log.php

Gary, ES1WST
K2DC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 01:39:09 PM »

Easy ones I don't have confirmed? On digital modes I have a whole list.  I'm just about to turn in my application for DXCC Digital.  I have 103 confirmed after having worked, but no confirmation from:

HB9
OE
ER
EU
HP
LY
LZ
OH
SP
TG
UR

And I've worked several LoTW stations in most of those countries.

Don, K2DC
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 02:12:01 PM »

I have 318 current countries worked and 317 confirmed. I need to send a QSL to Germany for my contacts with ZK3T on Tokelau.  I don't think I have ever had a really hard time getting a QSL although a few may have took repeat QSLs or sending a QSL to a different station when the first one didn't reply. I think Sri Lanka was probably the toughest country to verify due to a huge mail theft problem and only a few station's using managers. My thanks to Nelson, 4S7NE for my only Sri Lankan QSL.

My biggest problem is getting some states confirmed by LoTW.  I think it took me about 40 QSOs with West Virginia before I got a LoTW verification.  I would have thought with all the taxpayer money Senator Bobby Byrd pumped into that state they'd have a world class internet infrastructure but I guess not.

Chris/NU1O

N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 02:37:47 PM »

My "black hole" list are Ivory Coast and Iran.

But I'm hoping DX across Africa will yield me a confirmation from TU2CI.
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 02:39:29 PM »

I would have thought with all the taxpayer money Senator Bobby Byrd pumped into that state they'd have a world class internet infrastructure but I guess not.

Verizon bailed on them and sold off West Virginia to Frontier, probably the worst telephone company in the United States.
AF5CC

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 04:06:33 PM »

John, ST0R is on LotW. Are you sure you're in the log? Maybe they busted your QSO. Check here: http://www.dxfriends.com/SouthernSudan2011/log.php

Gary, ES1WST

Yep!  I am in there.  Tried the bureau route on the OQSL as well as an actual paper QSL thru the bureau.  Had an email exchange with their manager, he said he was going to drop one in the bureau a couple of days later when he was going to Madrid.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  Those bureau envelopes just don't show up quickly enough!

John AF5CC
KF7CSO

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2013, 04:31:14 PM »

It was Chile (just confirmed on LoTW) now it's Croatia. I've dumped a pile of green stamps into that country for naught.

Eric
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: