Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio-Mart  (Read 23405 times)
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2013, 03:54:44 PM »

You're right, Clayton, but from his reputation as posted by many, many others here on this site, one or two good transactions are NOT going to make people believe that he's turned over a new leaf.  There again, there is a sucker born every minute.

Indeed!

For all we know Clayton is a friend of Martyn's.  If not, I hope Clayton and his "friends"  keep doing business with Radio-Mart so that they can continue to experience the stellar customer service this outfit is famous for.  Keep us posted.   Cry

I'll bet Bernie Madoff had some happy clients too.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 03:58:52 PM by N0YXB » Logged

Vince
N9JR

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2013, 01:37:05 PM »

Interesting, I hadn't been following this thread - I've been burned by him on several occasions.  Just for laughs I decided to check him out on Amazon.  Big smile Smiley Here is what was returned:
"The radio-mart Storefront is temporarily unavailable from the Seller. Please try again at a later time or search for the product on Amazon using the search above. "
DXTUNER

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2013, 07:01:13 PM »

I've been burned by him on several occasions.  Just for laughs I decided to check him out on Amazon.  Big smile Smiley Here is what was returned:
"The radio-mart Storefront is temporarily unavailable from the Seller. Please try again at a later time or search for the product on Amazon using the search above. "

Aw, come on. He burned you? You ought to be more 'politically correct', have some understanding of the societal roots which cause thievery in a person:

• - I bought from him at a Hamfest, I had no problem. He even gave me a receipt.
  • - Hey, he's a high-volume seller. He's bound to get some bad apple buyers that complain. - (Author's note: Really? A dozen units a week, maximum, is "high volume"?)
  • - I saw him at a Hamfest. There was a line of people looking at his radios. - (Fill in the blank with what that has to do with anything. Hamfests tend to have people looking at items.)
    • - He's ditching Amazon.com, not the other way around. Its their 'high fees', you see. Yeah, the high fees. - (The ones he agreed to pay when joining?)

Last but not least, hear the great words of the exalted Radio-Mart: why did u not return it for a full refund, so I could make it right.
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2013, 07:17:05 PM »

I've been burned by him on several occasions.  Just for laughs I decided to check him out on Amazon.  Big smile Smiley Here is what was returned:

Aw, come on. He burned you? You ought to be more 'politically correct', have some understanding of the societal roots which cause thievery in a person:

• - I bought from him at a Hamfest, I had no problem. He even gave me a receipt.
  • - Hey, he's a high-volume seller. He's bound to get some bad apple buyers that complain. - (Author's note: Really? A dozen units a week, maximum, is "high volume"?)
  • - I saw him at a Hamfest. There was a line of people looking at his radios. - (Fill in the blank with what that has to do with anything. Hamfests tend to have people looking at items.)

But you forgot " it seems to be the same 4-5 people always complaining and stirring up trouble"  ( one of my personal favorites )

See :  http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=radio-mart

Go get some coffee while this page is loading, it seems to take awhile ! .....I count more than 4-5, and this is only feedback for ebay !
    • - He's ditching Amazon.com, not the other way around. Its their 'high fees', you see. Yeah, the high fees. - (The ones he agreed to pay when joining?)

Last but not least, hear the great words of the exalted Radio-Mart: why did u not return it for a full refund, so I could make it right.
[/list]
DXTUNER

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2013, 07:54:11 PM »

But you forgot " it seems to be the same 4-5 people always complaining and stirring up trouble"  ( one of my personal favorites ). I count more than 4-5, and this is only feedback for ebay!

Did I mention he can't count? Yes, the toolhaus record of negative feedback left for Radio-Mart. There are some real gems in there - and I'm talking about his replies to the customers. He'll take an unhappy customer & infuriate them further. Even gypsies at the flea market don't do that. Strange business model he's got, really odd, to say the least.
DXTUNER

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2013, 04:09:05 PM »

Here's the very latest Radio-Mart feedback, dated June 9:

"Received obvious counterfeit Sennheiser Headphones. Via e-mail, seller agreed to accept return. I sent headphones back & obtained a signed delivery receipt. After several weeks I have not received credit, but am working with American Express to recover payment. Luckily I have all documentation, pictures, etc."

Finally -- someone actually LOOKED at their stuff before naively posting, 'Duh, yeah, item exactly as described. No problem with Radio-Mart. Will buy from him again.' I've always maintained that those claiming they never got burned by Radio-Mart, including some Hams on here, simply didn't recognize that they'd been had.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2013, 05:59:32 PM »

Just took a look at the Toolhaus site.  All that can be said:  OMG.  This guy has the nerve to reply in such manner?  Sure--He always took care of his customers, but they always left neg. feedback?  Sure...  Tell us another one.
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2013, 09:00:05 PM »

Quote: Indeed!

For all we know Clayton is a friend of Martyn's.  If not, I hope Clayton and his "friends"  keep doing business with Radio-Mart so that they can continue to experience the stellar customer service this outfit is famous for.  Keep us posted.   

I'll bet Bernie Madoff had some happy clients too.

Well my friends & I all met Martyn at Dayton Hamvention 2013 so it was my 1st dealings with him.One of those friends has purchased several radio's from Martyn via the internet & was & is still very happy with those as well & the price.Just giving a FAIR report on the dealings I have personal knowledge of as I would for others & would want from those dealing with me.  Smiley

Clayton
W4KVW
N0FPE

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2013, 06:58:33 AM »

Here's a good one for ya!!!
 A few years ago I was going thru some hard times and had to sell off some of my radio equipment.
I posted on eBay that I had a FRG-9600 with the TV downconverter for sale with a custom made cover.

I was asking a reasonable/too low price cause I needed the money bad. Radio-Mart won the auction. I had stated that the receiver worked and DID NOT come with the wall wart.

I was paid thru PayPal and I instantly deducted the money and sent it to my bank account before shipping anything!! Once there was no way for Radio-Mart to try and stop the payment I shipped the item.

Once it was conformed received by Radio-Mart he had the cajones to send me a nasty email that there was NO wall wart and he didn't have a way to power the unit!!   HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH. I just replied that he should reread the listing!! And that was it...what a tool!!!!!!

Oh and I saw the receiver listed on eBay a week later for 2 times what he paid for it but it did not sell..

Dan/NØFPE
DXTUNER

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2013, 11:27:10 AM »

Radio-Mart has the most twisted idea of what customer service is. I think he purposefully does the sale wrong, so the person will contact him & then he can say, 'look -- I responded to the unhappy customer, now that's good customer service.'

Imagine taking your car to a mechanic, so he can install a new transmission. You pay him. Two days later, that transmission falls out right in the road while you're driving. You go back to complain. He says, "I'm sorry about that. Here, let me put in another transmission for you, again. And don't forget to recommend me to your friends, because of what great customer service I give."
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2013, 04:20:16 AM »

...Well my friends & I all met Martyn at Dayton Hamvention 2013 so it was my 1st dealings with him.One of those friends has purchased several radio's from Martyn via the internet & was & is still very happy with those as well & the price.Just giving a FAIR report on the dealings I have personal knowledge of as I would for others & would want from those dealing with me.  Smiley

If I had dealings with him then had come across this thread, I wouldn't be blowing a horn for the guy--I would just thank my lucky stars that I didn't get burned--and I would keep quiet.  The way it looks, you're just trying to promote this guy, and a half dozen "he treated me OK" posts simply will not erase the hundreds of bad deal posts this guy has.  

I was going to bid on a radio from his company--until I caught wind of his dealings and the feedback on sites where he has no control over the postings.  For instance--it's well known that negative feedback was erased from his E-bay store--many times.

So you made out OK on a deal--that doesn't mean your friend has turned into a saint--not by a long shot.
DXTUNER

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2013, 02:39:53 PM »

I was going to bid on a radio from his company--until I caught wind of his dealings and the feedback on sites where he has no control over the postings.

You're a smarter man than me. I was well aware of the (hundreds of) negative feedback for Radio-Mart, yet in perhaps a stupid moment I decided to buy from his store. I was in a mode of, 'let me see if he's really as bad as people say'. Well, he is. Fast-talking jive and all. Sure, he made a cursory move to make the deal 'right', but in my mind there was no excuse for getting the sale wrong in the first place. Considering that he's got a reputation that one would think he'd try to reverse.
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2013, 03:11:17 PM »

And in today's news :

There have been two different complaints on radio-marts "Amazon" page complaining of being sold fake Sennheiser  headphones.

6-17-13 :     1 out of 5:
    "Ordered a pair of Sennheiser headphones that I suspected were fakes (and later confirmed fake after i received an authentic pair from another seller). Contacted seller, who refused the possibility of the headphones being fake. Sent back the headphones for a refund, no refund arrived for several weeks despite constant messaging. Only got my refund after complaining to Amazon directly. "
    Simon, June 17, 2013

And on 6-9-13      1/5:
    "Received obvious counterfeit Sennheiser Headphones. Via e-mail, seller agreed to accept return. I sent headphones back & obtained a signed delivery receipt. After several weeks I have not received credit, but am working with American Express to recover payment. Luckily I have all documentation, pictures, etc."
    SM, June 9, 2013

How can you tell if they are fakes ?
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2013, 10:33:41 AM »

the S in Sennheiser is not the $ sign?

they look like they were assembled right on the top of the dump with locally-sourced parts?

rough edges and plastic flash all over?

give the redneck comedy tour a deerstalker cap and a magnifying glass, and you will get a hundred more tips a minute.

but it's true, no matter how clever the (your favorite island that is only above water once a month)-ites are in copying stuff, put the bogus against the real and you can spot the fake in ten seconds.  the blind maybe even faster, they have developed their tactile skills better than we ever could.
DXTUNER

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2013, 04:44:02 PM »

There have been two different complaints on radio-marts "Amazon" page complaining of being sold fake Sennheiser headphones.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe its a felony to sell counterfeit items. Seems to me recently there was a big 'bust', where I live, of vendors selling counterfeit tennis shoes. Or something like that. Is Radio-Mart feeling really invincible?
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: