Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K3 or ftdx3000  (Read 64784 times)
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2013, 10:49:14 AM »

You are 100% correct on that.  Sensitivity in modern radios is not even an issue anymore, it's now all about getting rid of the extra noise that comes with it.
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2013, 01:42:07 PM »

You are 100% correct on that.  Sensitivity in modern radios is not even an issue anymore, it's now all about getting rid of the extra noise that comes with it.

You can turn the preamp off too. Most of the time I find it completely unnecessary.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
KD2CJJ

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2013, 02:16:27 PM »

I agree... I have actually started to play with combining Pre Amp with Attenuation!  Its an odd combination for me but I am finding that it helps with noise reduction.  I think this is where the ftdx3k really shines over the K3.

You can turn the preamp off too. Most of the time I find it completely unnecessary.

Mike
KD2CJJ
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2013, 04:06:11 PM »

The K3 isn't really noisy, you can turn down the gain to accommodate your local noise environment.  Like others have stated with the ACG settings on both radios also you can turn them in to less "noisy" radios if your environment needs it.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: