Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: icom 756 pro 3 low power  (Read 3334 times)
N4ZY

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 01:03:02 PM »

while i do not know what plethora means.i do know while transmitting on CW. any band using 4 individual swr/pwr meters they read all the same.i really don't understand the pros and cons of SSB i have worked every country on CW. and am quite satisfied with my knowledge of CW. i will look up PLETHORA to try to find the meaning OF THIS GLORIUS WORD.
N4RSS

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 02:57:28 PM »

The OP never really stated what mode of transmission was being used for this "test" - if the mode was SSB, and not CW or FM, then the 60W figure coupled with a non peak-reading wattmeter would actually be about right. 

The past few years there seems to be a plethora of operators who do not seem to understand the workings of SSB, that it contains little to no Carrier and that reading the output wattage requires modulating the mic and use of a peak-reading wattmeter to see the full 100W. 

I blame the no code requirement that...

Hold on...

"Hey you kids, get off of my lawn !"
N4RSS

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 03:03:23 PM »

while i do not know what plethora means.i do know while transmitting on CW. any band using 4 individual swr/pwr meters they read all the same.i really don't understand the pros and cons of SSB i have worked every country on CW. and am quite satisfied with my knowledge of CW. i will look up PLETHORA to try to find the meaning OF THIS GLORIUS WORD.

Plethora = ...----..-.-..---.--..
N7SMI

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2013, 07:09:30 AM »

while i do not know what plethora means.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mTUmczVdik
M5AEO

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2013, 10:55:13 AM »

It might just be an 'Icom thing'!  My 718 can only manage to produce about 78 watts peak in SSB.
But your's does sound a bit low even for Icom.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: