Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: icom 718  (Read 1022 times)
KC8KTN

Ignore
« on: April 13, 2013, 02:54:58 PM »

Noticed radio used to show 100 watts out on ldg antenna tunner on usb  side on my g5rv antenna now it shows only 60 watts. When i switch it to am side it shows 100 watts. The band I am on is 14 meters and this also shows on 80 meters on every band the antenna works well on.Every once in a while it will show 100 watts then right back to 60 watts . What could be the cause of this..Any suggestions.
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 07:50:34 PM »

Think i figured it out. Was playing around with my ldg at-200 pro auto-tuner today  and pushed the thresh button and it is reading 100 watts again . Read the instructions  and they are not quite clear how the thresh button works.
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 07:55:04 PM »

Does anyone know where i can find out how exactly how the L up and L down c up and c down buttons accutlly mean the instructions are not quite clear on how to use them and make tuner an antenna work the best together..
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 08:06:48 PM »

No I did not figure it out not working again
KD5FHW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 10:41:58 PM »

The C buttons are for manually adjusting capacitance and the L buttons are for manually adjusting inductance. The main function of an auto tuner is to be able to never have to manually adjust these, but they put the adjustments on there for those that want to try and fine tune a non-resonant antenna.

The threshold is the maximum allowable SWR that the tuner can tune to. If you set it to 1.2 you are less likely to get a reasonable match from a less-than-resonant antenna than you would if you set it at say, 1.7. The default setting is 2.0:1. To set the threshold you press the Function button and then the Threshold button repeatedly in that order (Func then Thresh, Func then Thresh, Func then Thresh) until it reads your desired maximum SWR.

As for the power output issue, you could have a radio problem or you could be switching from Peak to Average reading on the tuner's meter. Try pressing Function then Peak to switch between modes.

If I were you I'd do a full reset (hold down the Function, Antenna and Tune buttons while plugging the power cord in), put the wattmeter in Peak mode and let it do it's thing. If your power output reading is still low I'd double check by adding a wattmeter inline between the radio and the tuner. If it's the radio it will be apparent, if everything looks good you could have a tuner issue.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: