The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iC-7610  (Read 14553 times)
NI8R

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2016, 05:19:59 PM »

One thing seems to be in the works, and that is the drop in prices of many radios, new and used.

If you know anything about sdr, there is a LOT of things they can add over the 7300.

2nd receiver, diversity reception, digital mode decode, CW decode and generation, big screen and keyboard and mouse ins and outs, pure signal, 200 watts output, multi antenna ports, improved tuner, more knobs, instant record and playback of signals, storage of the entire spectrum for later inspection, and all sorts of things I forgot.

Just take all the things Elecraft radios do, add everything that Flex does and then add what the Anan radios do and that is a start at what could be done.

yes, this is what we want.

Greg ni8r
KA3YAN

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2016, 09:18:20 AM »

If the IC-7610 fixes some of the strong adjacent signal overload issues seen in the IC-7300, then it'll be my intent to replace my IC-756ProIII.  I do operate SO2R, so I frequenctly see strong adjacent signals at the front end of the radio.  The IC-7610 would need to offer strong rejection of these signals (preselector would work).  If this couldn't be done, or isn't properly implemented, I don't see the IC-7610 as a viable replacement for the IC-756ProIII.

Brad, KA3YAN
K6AER

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2016, 07:28:28 PM »

Rob Sherwood shows the dynamic range, close in spacing (2 kHz), for the Pro-III at 76 dB and the 7600 at 78 dB. The IC-7300 dynamic range, close in spacing, is 98 dB. Almost a 20 dB improvement over radios designed 15 years ago.

I sold my 7600 and currently have been using the IC-7300 and do not have any issues with front end overload or adjacent band overload. On 40 meters, on a good night, the broadcast station above 7.300 MHz cause the OVER load light to blink but they are S9+50 dB in signal strength. That is 104 dB of dynamic range. The RF gain control knob takes care of the overload issue. Just like my grandfathers 32S1 Collins receiver.

As far is having a transceiver with 200 watts out that to me a a fools errand. I would much rather the amplifier become the heat source in the shack than the transceiver. I would like to see the transceivers SSB IMD made as best as possible around 30-50 watts out.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 07:46:42 PM by K6AER » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: