Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LP-PAN 2 connection and setup to FT-2000  (Read 3839 times)
KC5AOS

Ignore
« on: April 14, 2013, 06:28:43 PM »

Need a little help here.  I am running a Yaesu FT-2000, Installed IF2000, E-MU 0204, and the LP-PAN2.  The LP-PAN 2 front panel [atten] button is pushed in.  Cables are swapped in the back of the 0204 as directed, although I am not 100% sure that pertains in this situation as this was an assembled LP-PAN unit, and I selected the FT-2000 radio option when ordering.

The PC is an ACER ONE 722, AMD Dual_Core Processor C60 with turbo core technology up to 1.333GHz, 2GB DDR3 Memory. 

I have no RS232 serial port connection on this PC so I am running a 232 to USB converter.   Unfortunately, the chipset I have in the converter is a Prolific chipset.  It worked fine for my CommCat software but seem to be limited to a baud rate of 4800, which could be part of the problem I am having.  I have ordered a FTDI chipset based USB to 232 converter and it should be i mid week.

I seem to get some life out of the system when I first turn things on.  By that I mean it goes to the rig frequency on startup, and I can seem to control the bandwidth, but that is about it.

Any suggestions?  Do you think I need more PC, this one is just a notebook.  Gees I hope not.  Would hate to have to spend another $500 to $700 on another PC.  Any thing I could change in the settings to make my pc work, like decreasing sample rates etc. . . ?

Also, do you think I will be able to run my CommCat logging software and the NaP3 program at the same time?  They are both talking to the rig through Com Port 5.

A little frustrated, but being patient.

Damon
KC5AOS
KC5AOS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 01:36:35 PM »

tons of views and not a single reply.  Must be a lot of interest in doing this, but this just ain't that easy.  They have a section on the TelePost website that says "connecting to an FT-2000. . . . . . coming soon".  I, and aparently a lot of otheer people, wish "soon" was now.
KC5AOS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 10:35:18 AM »

Well, I guess I'll respond to my own post.  Any one interested in this set up, just make sure you use a 2.5GHz or better processor.  I am now using a used PC with a 3.1GHz processos and my CPU usage went from 95% down to 15%.  Got everything working great.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: