Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crimp Solder PL259 - Where do you buy your connectors?  (Read 5211 times)
KD2CJJ

Ignore
« on: April 15, 2013, 10:56:24 AM »

I can find crimp crimp but I want crimp solder (center)....  It seems tough to find any at a decent price (HRO is outrageous in pice compared to the manufacturer price).

What brand do you use and where do you buy them?

Thanks

Mike
KD2CJJ
W5CPT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 01:51:02 PM »

I bought my crimper at a Ham Fest from Debco.  They have a website : debco.com  with lots of connectors. Make sure you buy in the 10 packs as the price goes down considerably.  This is where I get my UHF connectors for my ham radio needs.

When I bought the crimper I got a few different die sets: one for .455" cables (RG-213 size) and one for .25 cables (RG-8X) and one for Power Pole Connectors.

I have been asked to help out our local Rescue Squad and was lucky enough to find the connector I needed at a local Cable TV shop. They carry a wide assortment of the connectors used on commercial gear.  They also carry PL-259s but while the quality is high the prices are also.

Clint - W5CPT -
KD2CJJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 06:27:56 AM »

Perfect!  Exactly what I was looking for...

I bought my crimper at a Ham Fest from Debco.  They have a website : debco.com  with lots of connectors. Make sure you buy in the 10 packs as the price goes down considerably.  This is where I get my UHF connectors for my ham radio needs.

When I bought the crimper I got a few different die sets: one for .455" cables (RG-213 size) and one for .25 cables (RG-8X) and one for Power Pole Connectors.

I have been asked to help out our local Rescue Squad and was lucky enough to find the connector I needed at a local Cable TV shop. They carry a wide assortment of the connectors used on commercial gear.  They also carry PL-259s but while the quality is high the prices are also.

Clint - W5CPT -

Mike
KD2CJJ
K8GU

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 10:01:47 AM »

I buy from The RF Connection.  They only deal in connectors and cable and they know their stuff.  Even if it's not on their web site, they can get it.  Cheap CB-quality no problem.  Spacecraft-quality no problem.
K7AAT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 11:05:24 AM »

I can find crimp crimp but I want crimp solder (center)....  It seems tough to find any at a decent price (HRO is outrageous in pice compared to the manufacturer price).

What brand do you use and where do you buy them?

Thanks

You did not specify what type coax you want a connector for.   Amphenol probably makes what you want.  Their  83-58SP  will work on RG-58 coax,  their  83-59SP  should work on RG-8X,   and the 83-8SP-RFX  is for RG-8 coax.   Google the appropriate part you need for source and price.  Mouser, for instance,  has the RG-8 size at about $3.00 each for orders less than 10.  Note:  the Mouser sample picture does not show the actual part.... crimp base,  solder center, that you want but the part numbers I gave above are accurate.

Ed   K7AAT
W6LG

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 12:11:33 PM »

I have the connectors that you want.  They are currently on sale.  They are made in the US and have silver plating with a Teflon insulator for $2.73 each.  I also have the crimping tool with 2 die to do just about any coax connector on sale for $49.73.  Here's a link if you want to look: http://www.hamcq.com/coax-connectors-ferrite-beads-crimp-tools/

73, Jim Heath W6LG for High Sierra
AK4E

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 02:17:39 PM »

I find that Ham City.com has the most reasonable. I use them when I purchase mine.

AK4E
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: