Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: help needed for event  (Read 5345 times)
KE5HTB

Ignore
« on: April 15, 2013, 01:30:04 PM »

I am a newbie to doing a event 100%
I have idea and it is starting to get in place for maybe late july somethime.

ZIt will be a pigeon run 2013 is the idea. I will have actual folks with racing pegions there and have a real race on there side to show how the armed forces used birds to send messages between people and places.

Where I need help is how to get a somehwta check list of do's and don't kinda to stay 100% legal and not cause problems any where else. like same event idea different town. or anything along these lines.

AlSo I will be using the local towns EOC callsign for the event is this ok also?
 it is listed under a club here that will not be active with the event at all. on;ly myself and maybe 1 other poerson as far as hams go are willing tpo step up so far.

biggest problem is most hams here live 70 miles from me and they want me to bring the event to them but me do all the work on it and promote and use there club call is all. but me do all the work.
I can do the ham soide I think. if I keep it skmall and I have a portable trailer setup for hf and dual band ops.

can add a 2nd hf station later if needed. it will be a 1 day event only.
this is a worry for me if it is even worth us doing a event for 1 day only as far as birds are concerned 1 day is it. but I can run radios for 2 days and try from the site I guess.

anyone with suggestions or ta do and dont list or ANY kind of a check list type of deal so I can use it to be a good starter point for me to do it right mainly. I hate asking cause now I get all the bs and joke emaikls and here. But I am trying to do it right so please dont ridicule me for asking the questoions by downing the ideas or the poerson at all. it sucks when that happens all the time to me.

if it does thats it for me never again will I use any forums in my life time cause most times people get rude and are not trying to help at all. if you can help My ears are open to good ideas and direct good critism even.

the bird club is ready and willing to fly aprox 100 birds from the site and treack them to home for a winner for themselves.   race is 24 hours long to get results tabulated from there own recorded devices and such. They will handle all parts of the bird sides of things. that is the best I got going for me so far. no help on ham side. just the use of trailer is all.

I do have a siet picked and will get that confirmed soon I hope. city park and I would love to do something closer to a holiday maybe july 4th weekend if bird guys are willing to do it.
doubt it but possible.
what are your thought on a date and how to choose a good date for the ham side of things and not piss off folks in area at all.

Fred
ke5htb at gmail dot com if wish to keep off this list I know I prefer to go private as I hate using forums for above reasons.

please good ideas are a big help jokes are a waste of yours and my time.
WX2S

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 09:27:59 AM »

See my thread here:

http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,87890.0.html

I would suggest that you and your friends each reserve a 1x1 call for the event. Your club call can only be used by one station at once. Applying for the special event call is a good filter for those who are willing to contribute. Maybe think of some pigeon-related calls; I'm trying to but nothing happens. :-)

The pigeon race sounds like a cool idea. is there one endpoint or multiple?

73, wx2s.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 09:36:27 AM by WX2S » Logged

73, - Steve WX2S.
I subscribe to the DX Code of Conduct. http://dx-code.org/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: