Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Net Interference  (Read 5987 times)
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2013, 06:18:57 AM »

Re:K1CJS

Ah,now I get it, sort of like trying to identify your stenciled name on the over stretched elastic waist band on a worn pair of Navy issue skivvies from the ship's laundry.
K9AIM

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2013, 10:51:37 AM »

Lets say you have a group of friends that meet for drinks every Friday night. There are 10 pubs in town and you never know which one may have some seats available. So, you tell your friends that they'll just have to search up and down the street until they find you. Wouldn't it be better if you could have a reserved location so that they know where to find you?

sure, but if your normal table was taken, would you look for the nearest available open table -- or would you inform the guys already sitting there that it is your table and they need to move out of it?   The degree of diplomacy with which you approach the second option will be directly proportional to how smoothly things proceed.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 10:54:10 AM by K9AIM » Logged
NR4C

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2013, 10:06:05 AM »

But what would you tell a new licensee about how to respond to the situation?

According to the rules, the 3 Stooges have the frequency.  But, since we are supposed to be intelligent, reasonable adults, it is easier for us to move then to fight with the NET.

It's kinda like explaining to the trooper at the accident scene, "I saw him coming, but I had the "Right of way"!".

.nr4c  bill
AC4BB

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2013, 09:28:39 PM »

It's a "tit for tat" Situation it always has been. Roll Eyes
K1DA

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2013, 08:48:00 AM »

I have always thought that nets gathered a bunch of folks on one freq and left more room for the rest of us on the band.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: