Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KD8TFG a GOOD SELLER  (Read 1542 times)
NI9L

Ignore
« on: April 17, 2013, 05:26:18 PM »

Purchased a Radio Shack HTX-10 last week from Gary - KD8TFG - and all
is well.   Item as described in form and function, good communication and shipped fast.   Smooth transaction and a fair price.   Thanks Gary.   

Jeff Kopp    KC9YJS
NI9L

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 05:13:39 PM »

Upon further review..   I gave KD8TFG a positive review a bit prematurely.
After finally getting an antenna and proper power source I find the HTX-10 has
no output at all.   Does not transmit.  Receives fine.  Sent 2 emails to Gary with some questions.   No response.   I can only conclude he sold me a bad radio.   Perhaps it got damaged in shipping?  Maybe.    Still trouble shooting - but not looking good for my HTX-10.    Buyer beware of KD8TFG.   My lesson learned is don't give positive feedback without a comprehensive test of the product.    Buying used gear online has some risk.
KD8TFG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 07:40:41 PM »

You have sent me 1 email and granted have not replied as I just read it tonight, and now see this post! The last contact I made with this radio was just days before it was sent to you and was 5000+ miles from my qth. Your email does not mention the antenna you are using nor the power supply. It was sent to well packaged and insured so if it was damaged in shipping you should have notified me and or the shipper immediately.

The email you sent when you received it stated everything looks good and appears to be working, I maybe a newer Ham but would never intentionally sell junk or a non functional anything.

73 Gary
KD8TFG
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: