Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HOA Hex Beam  (Read 58021 times)
W7KKK

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 07:01:42 PM »

Keep in mind that I have seen many HOAs that limit the size of a flag, where and how it can be flown and other factors that would preclude a standard flagpole vertical. Seen it many times.
You can play word games all you want, but the HOA will spend your money beating you over the head with the rules you agreed to.
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 08:21:06 PM »

Here is Mililani Mauka, the Mililani Town A$$holeciation limits how high your flagpole can be and size of flag as well.  How's that for commie-town!

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
W7KKK

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2013, 06:00:25 AM »

Yes that is what I was saying.
Many communities will limit your ability to fly our flag.
I have heard of this in many HOAs.
Yes it sucks, but if you signed off on the rules you may just be screwed.
NA4IT

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2013, 04:56:35 AM »

#1 idea... don't move into an HOA area...
AC7DX

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2013, 10:53:36 AM »

Some cant figure that out...ya cant fix ******
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 10:57:47 AM by AC7DX » Logged
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2013, 07:26:07 PM »

My XYL and I chose this community because it's 10 minutes to/from work for both of us.  It used to be 1 to 1-1/2 hours one way from work to home.  Another plus it's in an excellent school district for our son.  Living in a HOA doesn't mean the end of the hamming world, just gotta pump up your creative juices.

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
W7KKK

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2013, 06:07:18 AM »

My XYL and I chose this community because it's 10 minutes to/from work for both of us.  It used to be 1 to 1-1/2 hours one way from work to home.  Another plus it's in an excellent school district for our son.  Living in a HOA doesn't mean the end of the hamming world, just gotta pump up your creative juices.

I agree. I went from a 44' tower and beam on property that we sold to relocate to a rental duplex with no yard and restrictions as to what I could put up for an antenna needless to say and I still operated. Not great but I was on the air.
But after 4 years and with property values and interest rates so low that we decided to buy again.  In the area that I am now located there were many properties that we could not afford in retirement and we have sold off the last acreage property to do the fact that I could no longer maintain it due to medical conditions.
So to find something that we could afford and that I could maintain placed us in an HOA with dues of only $79 a year.  The rules of the HOA stated that I must request permission for my antenna (a 33' vertical) and I did and they granted that permission after asking several questions.
Yes I knew that they could deny my application.  But I was prepared to go stealth too as I had done many times before.

There are many of us that operate on compromise antennas of all types and still make contacts.
But moving into an HOA knowing the rules of the organization and then complaining after the fact is just plain stupid.
M6GOM

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 04:56:03 AM »

Just because PRB-1 is adopted by the state does not mean that HOAs have to abide by it in most cases as when you move and you agree to the rules.

So you're saying the HOAs are above the law and are allowed to completely override State law?
W0MT

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 08:23:43 AM »

Just because PRB-1 is adopted by the state does not mean that HOAs have to abide by it in most cases as when you move and you agree to the rules.
PRB-1 applies to local governments and it applies to things like zoning and building permits. States can adopt it all they want, it still applies to what governmental agencies can and cannot do. PRB-1 does not apply to non-governmental things like HOAs and CC&Rs.

I have never seen where a homeowner buys real estate and agrees to the CC&Rs (there may be some places where they do agree but I have never seen it). I have seen where a purchaser of real property must be furnished the CC&Rs so many days prior to the closing and the purchaser can back out of the sale if they don't like what the CC&Rs say.

The legal term is that CC&Rs "run with the land." Another way of thinking about it is that they are "attached" to the land. Easements also run with the land. You don't have to agree to the easements when you purchase property either. You can put terms in the contract of sale that says you can cancel the sale in so many days if you discover easements you don't like.

On edit added: If you own property that is subject to CC&Rs (or any other covenant that runs with the land) you can be legally forced to abide even if you don't and never did agree to them.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 08:30:30 AM by W0MT » Logged
WB8VLC

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2013, 11:45:41 PM »

Jeez hoa' s suck.

I guess im lucky as my arizona qth limits towers to 35 feet while my oregon one 75 feet and i have only been lurking over here lately trying to come up with antenna ideas for a friend who isn't so fortunate.

We have come up with some nice unseen vertical wires running parallel to his trees and phased together with good results for 20 meters and up along with modified off the shelf tv antennas made to work on 6 meters and 2 meters.  Most tv antennas are permitted and the hoa nazis aren't smart enough to see that mods were made to move them down to6 meters either so don't discount using outside permitted tv antennas either.

Oh forgot something, w7kkk if you can see your neighbor over your back fence doesn' t your hoa rule technically say that you could then disapprove of he or she then? Sure would be fun to limit the visibility of a nosey neighbor wouldn't it?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:57:55 PM by WB8VLC » Logged
E73M

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2013, 01:38:04 PM »

Due HOA rules I had MA5B mini beam in attic of my Florida home. Now I have three towers on top of the small hill in Bosnia and due lack of regulations I can put as many I want.
Maybe only advantage of living here over living in US.

Danny N4EXA/E73M

http://www.e73m.com
K2GWK

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2013, 10:05:48 AM »

That's a real wise ass remark. What the hell is the matter with you old man. Sometimes an HOA is the only option. Why not try helping those unfortunate enough to have to live with an HOA instead of making a remark I would expect a spoiled child to make.

K2GWK Website

Stupidity for Dummies (http://stupidityfordummies.com/)

…because sometimes, you just can’t dumb it down enough…
W0MT

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2013, 01:57:39 PM »

I saw a T-shirt the other day. It said, "It's All About Me!" Comments such as these deserve these shirts.

Those who make these comments:
Don't care if someone in the household has a truly ugly commute to work;
Don’t care if children in the household are forced to attend terrible schools;
Don’t care if anyone in the household can socialize with the neighbors as the nearest house is miles away;
Don’t care if any neighbors shun the members of the household because of ugly antennas;
Don’t care if the nearest grocery store and other shopping are miles away.
Don't care if anyone else in the household might have a different idea about where to live;

And they expect the rest of the the world to act the same way because “Its All About Me!”
N6HBJ

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2013, 09:29:40 PM »

So you're saying the HOAs are above the law and are allowed to completely override State law?

I don't think you understand. PRB-1 does not cover HOAs because you as an individual AGREED to abide by the rules of the HOA by signing the contract. They are not over riding state law because the city/municipality is not restricting you, the HOA is and you agreed to beforehand. PRB-1 pertains to municipalities ONLY - not private organizations (HOAs). This is not disputable.
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2013, 11:22:11 PM »

Remember the cartoon Super Chicken when he and Fred the lion used to say "You Knew the Job Was Dangerous When You Took It."  I knew what I was getting into, a nice neighborhood for my son to play on the street (cul de sac), a good school district, easy commute for my XYL and I (10 minuts vs 1 to 1-1/2 hours).  I sacrificed my 30 ft tower and hexbeam for this and I'm not regretting moving/living here. 

BTW, I just painted my NA4RR hex flat black and will be mounted this week on a 12-15 foot Rohn push up mast to stay hidden behind the house and not be visible from the road.  Grin

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: