Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rude and inconsiderate operating practices  (Read 2568 times)
WX2S

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 12:23:29 PM »

I love the DX ops who say, "W9LID, your call is not even close to K6-question-mark.  You will never be in my log so long as you continue to call over the station I am trying to work.  Now, K6-question-mark, please try again."
I've often wondered why I don't hear more of that. Or why the DX doesn't just QSY to parts unknown.

73, wx2s.

73, - Steve WX2S.
I subscribe to the DX Code of Conduct. http://dx-code.org/
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 01:03:20 AM »

It's messed up.

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
N6PSE

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 05:54:36 PM »

We explored this topic during the DX Forum as part of the International DX Convention, held this weekend in Visalia, CA.  All of the panel members felt that the problem is getting worse. Also mentioned was that in addition to EU behavior, USA and JA Operator behavior was in decline as well.  My own recent experiences concur with that statement.  There are many theories on why it's happening and methods to address this issue.
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 08:14:26 PM »

I love the DX ops who say, "W9LID, your call is not even close to K6-question-mark.  You will never be in my log so long as you continue to call over the station I am trying to work.  Now, K6-question-mark, please try again."
It has been my experience that many DX stations take a much simpler approach...

Today on phone I heard a station from Kuwait calling. I had worked this station before, but has never been confirmed. So as I was listening, the DX station heard someone tuning on the frequency and announced specifically to the tuner-upper that the frequency was in use and asked him to QSY. In addition to this, many stations (all US stations from what I could hear) kept calling after he had begun his exchange with another station.

So how did he handle this? After he completed his contact, he simply did not call QRZ again and disappeared!
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2013, 04:06:56 AM »

It seems like the callers are SO afraid that the DX is going to go QRT before they get a shot at him.  I think that is a big part of the problem. This requires the DX to come back to your call again and again because of the tailenders trying to get through and covering up the DX in many cases. As some have mentioned here, I think the DX has some responsibility, if not ALL the responsibillity, of handling the pileup. Quite a task.... I would not want to do it. (Tough enough on the "caller" side.)
73, Gene AF3Y

KD8IZZ

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 07:04:36 AM »

I have experienced wonderful behaviour a few times while trying to reach a DX station.

Once the DX replied to my sub-average station and had a question I couldn't understand. Some helpful Christian replied "your name your name!" and saved the day. It was an illegal transmission I suspect but I forgive him because I finished the contact with the help.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: