Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gigaparts doesn't do what they say....  (Read 39475 times)
K4JK

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2014, 07:45:39 AM »

Yeah this is nonsense and the beating up of GP by VDE is totally unwarranted.

On what planet does "Usually Ships In 7-14 Days" mean it will ship right away or that it is in stock?

Silly

ex W4HFK
N4GKS

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2014, 10:52:52 AM »

106 paragraphs of rant looks like payback rather than just being upset. By the way, HRO does not "throw in" a years warranty. It's a special they are running on selected products and they add the warranty with the purchase.
N4SZO

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2014, 10:28:55 PM »

I just ordered a tuner and had no idea these guys are just north of me, otherwise I would have given them a shot.

As a bystander, it is hard to make sense of what is going on. If they don't have something in stock - they should tell you right away. If they do, I will order from someone else but will give them a shot in the future-for being honest. But if their website says 7-14 days then I would think they don't have in stock and would call them on the phone to see for sure before I ordered.

When things go wrong, it is easy to get mad but I have found you normally get more mileage by being polite yet firm. No reason to fly off the handle and make the poor CS girl cry, Just ask for a refund and be done with it.

W7ND

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2014, 08:10:35 PM »

I ordered a few things thru Gigaparts about this time last year.  A few days later, a couple of the items I purchased went on sale.  I made a comment on Gigapart's Facebook page lamenting the fact that I knew exactly the time I decided to pull the trigger (I had been debating on that purchase for some time), they put it on sale a few days later.  They contacted me to submit a claim to the guarantee company they used and I'd be refunded the difference.  With just forwarding my email reciept and showing which items later went on sale on the website, I had confrimation that I'd get a check back for the difference, which I recieved just a few days later.  I apreciated the service they gave and the guarantee that was honored.  I'd be happy to buy from them again.
AB4D

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2014, 08:00:23 AM »

I Previously posted my experience with GigaParts.  Everything went OK with that order. In fact, GigaParts made sure I received a rebate that came available a few weeks after I ordered the radio, but before it was delivered.  However, I was not completely satisfied with the timeliness of the initial communication I received from them.  Last Thursday evening, I sent a message to GigaParts regarding another possible purchase. Their response time has improved considerably, responding before noon on the next business day. Smiley  I inquired whether I could upgrade several items they were including free with the purchase of a transceiver.  They did so without any problems.  I placed my order on Friday afternoon and the items were received by UPS for shipping before the end of the day.  Overall, a very positive ordering and shipping experience.  I will continue to order from GigaParts due the satisfactory service I have received from them.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:10:27 AM by AB4D » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: