Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suprize, Suprize :)  (Read 2873 times)
N6AJR

Ignore
« on: April 21, 2013, 06:02:23 PM »

I was at the Visalia DX convention this weekend and some  fellow wearing the call sign K0BG showed up at  our dinner table..  Hi Alan, nice to meet you.  tom  N6AJR..Smiley
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 04:35:16 AM »

Well, it just goes to show that you'll never know who you'll run into when you go to a hamfest, doesn't it!   Cheesy
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 09:08:23 AM »

Did you get a picture taken with Alan?  Post it!
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 11:07:28 AM »

no pictures, He just swung by and said HI..  I was surprised.  They did a bang up job at the Visalia DX convention this year.It was at a new, larger venue and was exceptional.  And a good time was had by all !!
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 11:20:01 AM »

This was my first Visalia, and no doubt one of the best-planned amateur get togethers I've ever attended. The crew, including K6MM, did a bang up job with the new venue. I can't say anything bad about it, save for the very long sit during the banquet—an issue they need to fix.

N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 10:45:39 AM »

I agree with the long sit.  I posted a suggestion that most of the "local " awards could be done at thier home venues and perhaps a quick note that So and SO won Such and Such as a brief note at the convention.

I have been going for probably the last 6 or 8 years and enjoy it a lot.  some years you get folks from 6 or 7 dxpeditions speaking like the one from the tsunami in india or Martti Laine on his radio acarly stuff. always a fun time to be had. It was  nice to see you  in person, Alan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: