Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: N9FDJ Sellers/Buyers Beware  (Read 1655 times)
W8GN

Ignore
« on: April 22, 2013, 03:50:02 AM »

I wanted to post this so others won't waste their time. This guy gave me a sob store of his illness, etc. etc., asking me to hold the tuner of which I did. He even called me and sent email the MO was in the mail. He tried to get me to send it before I received any payment on his recognizance. Glad I didn't do that. It worked out great for me in the end as the tuner sold for full price with an instant payment to a great buyer. Below is the email exchange:

jIm; The postal money order went out today... I went to my DRS. to take my Blood test well as as they always do they do the whole rountine bloddpressure and so on.. will B/P  was high and I had min. stroke about 6 to 8 wks. ago ..so they sent to ER which DR. off ice in same bldg. they kept for about six hour..could got out in three but you know how the er/at the hosp are..so the check could mail about 4 today..so don’t know if it got out today or not but should have by thurs..otherwise could had by wed. I think..just call or drop an email when you get...simple blood test..turns in all day ordeal..thought I let you know it did get drop off alittle after 4:00 today..73  take car  Fred  n9fdj

Fred Hensler
Lebanon, IL
N9FDJ@XXXXXX.COM

-----Original Message----- From: James E Watts
Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:08 AM
To: N9FDJ
Subject: Re: Palstar AT-Auto Pictures

Thanks Fred. I'll let you know when I receive the money order.

Hope your tests turn out good.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 25, 2012, at 8:58 AM, "N9FDJ" <n9fdj@XXXXX.com> wrote:

Hello Jim; Just to let you know I got the money transfer into my checking account, I will go get that monday morning take it the Post Office and get a postal Money Order of $ XXX.XX..made out to your name at the address off qrz.. I got to run take blood test at 8:30 take maybe 10 mins. then I head straight to post office when I get done I email you tell you  "the check in the mail"   Fred n9fdj

Fred Hensler
Lebanon, IL
N9FDJ@XXXXX.COM
-----Original Message----- From: James E. Watts
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2012 7:01 PM
To: N9FDJ
Subject: Re: Palstar AT-Auto Pictures

Glad you got the pictures. No software needed. The firmware is preloaded and self contained. If you mail Monday, I should get it Wednesday or Thursday.

Thanks again,
Jim, W8GN

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 23, 2012, at 7:58 PM, "N9FDJ" <n9fdj@XXXXX.com> wrote:

Great Got the Pictures; Will call you sat. or sunday latest, and go monday get $XXX.XX postal money order and call you monday when I mail it off, and ask post office office about when you might get it..  Oh is there any software or anything I need need or comes with it..My radio is Yaesu ft-950!!!!   73   Fred  n9fdj

Fred Hensler
Lebanon, IL
N9FDJ@XXXXX.COM

-----Original Message----- From: James Watts
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2012 6:24 PM
To: n9fdj@XXXXX.com
Subject: Palstar AT-Auto Pictures

Here are three photo's of my tuner that was taken a few months back. I took these when I first thought about putting it up for sale. I'm not a great photographer, but hopefully it will be enough for you to see what it looks like. Again, it doesn't have a scratch anywhere and is in Mint condition.

Thanks and 73,
James, W8GN
K9JCS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 06:21:22 AM »

GN,

Did you ever get the MO from Fred? Before I include him in my list of "Ham Scammers and Bad Actors" I would like to know if he failed to pay or was late in sending the payment. Your post has a lot of information about the transaction, but it doesn't mention whether the MO was ever received.  Congrats on the full price transaction! Thanks.

Jim
K9JCS
W8GN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 04:46:39 PM »

No, never received the MO and I responded with a followup email 5 days after he supposedly sent the MO. Never got a response. That's when I decided to relist the tuner.

Jim, W8GN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: