Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KX3 SDR  (Read 59220 times)
KF5KWH

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2013, 03:05:15 AM »

Tablets rock!

Everything changes with time!

You sound like a Playbaby Tablet Tweeter that does Facebook and other nonsense.  Cheesy Cheesy  Wink
From the looks of it Gene is not going to change. he seems stuck with a mouse.

I am not ready to give up Desktop PC's yet. Maybe when Tablets get a bigger size I will change my mind. A 10 inch screen just ain't big enough for Seniors. I use a 32' monitor on my PC. Somehow I can not see a 32' Tablet in my lap but maybe a 15' Tablet would be about right.  Shocked

Stan K9IUQ

I read and compose most of my eHam posts on my iPad as I am doing right now.  I have nothing against tablets, just stupid statements.

Gene

I think we will in the near future be using Volumetric Haptic Displays with eyeglasses or implants to see 150 inch 4XHD displays all linked to SDRs the size of cell phones. Just saying things are really getting eclectically electric, more powerful and small, integration being directly intuitive and maybe even, put a cap on and think it, and it happens. Look at where a friend of mine is taking music production, in lobedemic sense, soon to be practidemic in a few years, think of the interface in the movie "Minority Report", but with glasses or an implant, and gloves with feed back.

http://www.n-ism.org/People/bill.php

Things will move fast, once a true SDR arrives, also just recently, you can buy a wideband (the whole RF spectrum) analog to Digital converter that uses 32 bit converters at a very high MHz rate for EU TV that can be used with PC Software, it wouldn't take much to link it to a iPad app like they do with this equipment,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1enkzuX-Z5A

Think of replacing the StudioLive digital mixer with a SDR.
Enjoy the 'rooter' discussion! Roll Eyes

Just saying,  but I agree the PC will stay until the ubiquitous of a parallel processing is realized.

Bill
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:08:36 AM by KF5KWH » Logged
WV4I

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2013, 06:10:23 AM »

This is an older but useful thread.

I'm using the KX3 with HDSDR. Soundcard is a M-Audio 192 at 192kc sample rate. Win 7 32 bit. I've selected spectrum display of 192kc, but in noisier condx, can see the noise strength roll off from +-48kc to +-96kc from LO (center) freq. So you might miss a signal down say 1 S unit at 192kc display edges, but that's about it, etc..

HDSDR. To get away from (LO) center freq and I/Q imbalance spike, I offset the LO -5kc from Tune freq and select Sync LO from Options>Cat to Radio. Then to transmit KX3 on same freq as listening on HDSDR, I set KX3 XIT to +5kc. There may be a better way, but works for me.

In HDSDR, the PRE of the radio works, but lose radio NR, get HDSDR's routine instead. Similar to some other functions. But HDSDR does okay with synching the basics, including Freq and Mode.

For comparison I also run an SDR-IQ here with SDR-Radio V1.5, a TS-590S, ext T/R relay, etc.. SDR-Radio controls every function of the SDR-IQ, but I have not found a CAT program which does this very well for the KX3? The main downside for the separate Rcvr/Xmtr setup is latency from Tx to Rx in fast paced exchanges. For everyday use okay. Less of this latency with KX3 xmt and HDSDR receive via KX3 I/Q, but there.

Link, WV4I
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: