Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SIGMA-SE-HF_360  (Read 2726 times)
LEPRECHAUN2013

Ignore
« on: April 10, 2013, 03:13:20 AM »

Hi has anyone used a SIGMA SE-HF-360 Vertical antenna. if so could you please let me know what you think. THANKS
K2DC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 05:35:39 AM »

I've never used one, but based on its length it's probably going to be very inefficient anywhere below about 40M.  And a trapped vertical with a proper ground system will probably outperform it on any band.  Nine bands and only 18' tall with no ground system (and only $200)?  It sounds too good to be true, and therefor it is.  Sorry to burst your bubble.

Don, K2DC
W5WSS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 08:03:06 AM »

Hello, The facts are that this antenna is 18ft length. The antenna will work best in the range of frequencies where the length is between a 1/4 wave and 5/8 wave And tuned.
Otherwise it is a reasonably constructed antenna.

2I0PTX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 12:14:49 PM »

Hi,
I purchased one of these antennas when they were sold under the SNOWDONIA brand. I persisted with it for almost 3 months but it was just a length of noise!!! Most disappointing antenna I've had the misfortune to buy. Using a Delta loop for 80, 40 17 15 now and a Sirio GainMaster vertical for 15 12 11 and 10. I have a tiny Irish garden and have to seriously comprimise but I can still work the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Indonesia and North Africa. Not bad in my opinion. HF360 may make a great flagpole but not an antenna.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: