Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: User Impression of the TS-570SG  (Read 1615 times)
W7ARX

Ignore
« on: April 25, 2013, 04:21:38 PM »

What are some of you users out there, impression of the TS_570SG that you either use or have used.  Have to admit, if you are into DSP NR, it doesn't do much for me, but otherwise.....
AF5CC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 08:01:51 PM »

The noise blanker is a little below average, the DSP NR1 for SSB doesn't do much at all- I would leave it off, the DSP NR2 for CW makes the background noise sound funny (like bubbling water) but it really does bring up signals out of the noise.  Decent receiver overall, good ergonomics, you get both a CW memory keyer and can install a voice keyer option and run both from the front panel.  In all honesty, I would take a Yaesu FT450 over it, though.

John AF5CC
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 09:33:12 PM »

What are some of you users out there, impression of the TS_570SG that you either use or have used.  Have to admit, if you are into DSP NR, it doesn't do much for me, but otherwise.....

I have used one for over 13 years now. (a 570DG). Noise eduction is not the best but it can help at times. NR1 has 10 different levels and NR2 two settings. NR2 is for CW. Decent rig and easy to use. I recommend a 500hz filter for CW and digital. Do not be be conservative with ALC in SSB as it adds to punch. Decent processor too.  As stated too nice ergonomics too.

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 06:50:13 AM »

I agree with everyone here about the 570. I have had mine for 13 years also. The DSP and NB do not do much at all for me, I usually leave them all off. But all of the other features of the radio are good. It is a good solid radio with good TX audio and receiver is pretty good too. But the items previously mentioned are just about useless for me. Have a good day and 73  Jim W5JJG
NO2A

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 07:54:02 AM »

The noise blanker is a little below average, the DSP NR1 for SSB doesn't do much at all- I would leave it off, the DSP NR2 for CW makes the background noise sound funny (like bubbling water) but it really does bring up signals out of the noise.  Decent receiver overall, good ergonomics, you get both a CW memory keyer and can install a voice keyer option and run both from the front panel.  In all honesty, I would take a Yaesu FT450 over it, though.

John AF5CC
I`ve had a TS-570SG for years also. I agree that the NR2 for cw is very effective,and signals do pop out of the noise. The digital receive filters are great,you can choose from many narrow choices. The weighted vfo knob is great,you can tune across the bands quickly. The main thing I didn`t like with this rig is the receive seems very noisey. Lots of white noise,even with no antenna. The "watery" dsp didn`t bother me.
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 08:35:19 AM »

My personal observations it is a very functional and fun radio.  The NB and NR suck, the NB does nothing and the NR creates a lousy sounding audio.  Otherwise, I think it is a fun and functional radio.  For me, I rarely use NR but sure would like a better NB.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 09:48:20 AM »

My personal observations it is a very functional and fun radio.  The NB and NR suck, the NB does nothing and the NR creates a lousy sounding audio.  Otherwise, I think it is a fun and functional radio.  For me, I rarely use NR but sure would like a better NB.

The NB is for ignition type pulse noise and you will find that if you add HB to receive audio in menu before you use NR1 you can clean it up a bit. I find HB with NR1 set to 5 or 6 about best it will do with SSB noise. It can also help to roll in a little higher side slope cut too.

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: