Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WA2CMG--Looking for information on my great aunt's call  (Read 7610 times)
LOSTINTHEWOODS

Ignore
« on: April 26, 2013, 08:30:42 AM »

Hello all.  

I'm looking for information on my late great aunt's call sign.  WA2CMG(SK) is her call, and her name was Yut Suel Yee, but I can not find her in the FCC data base.  I have contacted the FCC and have a list of info that I need to send them so they can do a search for me.  I didn't know if there may be someone on eHam that may have an old call book from maybe the 1950s-mid 1960s and could look her up for me so I'll have more information to give to the FCC.  I know that she hosted the CQ-WE annual contest in 1966 in Whippany NJ.  Beyond that I can't find much if anything about her call.

She and my late great uncle used to spend hours around a radio according to my father.  My uncle was a radio operator in the merchant marine during the war and he did all the radio work and she did all the operating.  I know that she used to work for Bell labs in Whippany and was instrumental in the eventual development of the transistor that we've all come to love.

My hopes are that I can find more information on her call (issue date, class, etc.) and contact the FCC to become the trustee for her call.

As always, any input is greatly appreciated and if someone can point me in the right direction that would be great!

Thanks again,
Lowell
KD8MKP
AA6RR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 10:00:24 AM »

I found the following info:

no listing in Summer 1958 callbook

listed in Spring 1959 callbook as WV2CMG (novice class I believe)
download that page here:  http://www.riverwalk-hoa.com/WV2CMG_Call Area 2 - Spring 1959.pdf

listed in Fall 1961 as WA2CMG
download page here:  http://www.riverwalk-hoa.com/WA2CMG_Call Area 2 - Fall 1961.pdf

listed in Winter 1972-73 callbook as WA2CMG (Technician license- last listing that I have for WA2CMG)

listed in Winter 1973-74  - changed callsign to WA1RMY in Maine (last name is now Kassay)

listed in 1982-83 callbook as WA1RMY in Maine
download page here:  http://www.riverwalk-hoa.com/WA1RMY_Call Area 1 - Winter 1982-83.pdf

no listing in 1986-87 callbook, call area 1 & 2 for keywords "Yut", "Seul" & "Kassay"

Good luck.
LOSTINTHEWOODS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 10:44:43 AM »

AA6RR,

That is awesome!  Kassay is her married name (the last name of my uncle "Hoot") so it would make sense that it shows up as that else where.  Only problem is I can't get any of your links to work?  Any Suggestions?

Thanks again for all your help!

Lowell
AA6RR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 11:49:39 AM »

Lowell;  swipe the urls that I have entered (highlight and "copy) then enter into your browser.
I'm sorry that I didn't notice that the full correct links did not get posted correctly.
- Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: