Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WA2NPP is QRV!!!!  (Read 5497 times)
WB2PKR

Ignore
« on: April 26, 2013, 12:05:17 PM »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 26, 2013

RUTGERS AMATEUR RADIO CLUB, WA2NPP REACTIVATED

CQ CQ CQ RU ALUMNI

New Brunswick, NJ -  Scott Meister (WB2REI, RU Class of ’81) and Ron Biava (WB2PKR, RU Class of ’84) announce the reactivation of the Rutgers Amateur Radio Club callsign, WA2NPP.  It has been several years since the club has been active. Some time ago, due to a lack of interest amongst students, the club lost their “shack” in the Rutgers Student Center on College Avenue.  Subsequently, the club callsign expired.

Only after Scott and Ron met a few years ago, did they realize their paths had crossed several times in the past including time spent at the Rutgers Club WA2NPP.  When they attempted to inquire about the club with the former trustee, they did not receive any responses.  As a result, when the club callsign expired, they secured it.

“We thought it important to retain the affiliation of the callsign, WA2NPP with the Rutgers ARC.”

Initially, the new club will focus on membership development and developing interest at the undergraduate level on campus.  Additionally, the club will document the history of the Rutgers Amateur Radio Club.

The Rutgers Alumni ARC is open to any graduate of Rutgers University.  Interested parties should contact the club via email at wa2npp@gmail.com
W2PA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 05:32:53 AM »

FB, guys - thanks for reactivating the call!  Put it on the air this year in FD or Sweepstakes.

Chris, W2PA,
Eng77 (RARC President 1974-77)
COLONEL1969

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 11:35:54 AM »

Glad to hear that!

I reactivated RARC -- after WA2TWL had been dormant for years -- in the mid/late 1960s, when I designed the shack while the student center was then being built. I also selected the original Collins station and beam antenna. It was a pet project of Dean Wong, who had responsibility for the construction of the entire student center. Although not a ham, Dean Wong was a real friend to the club, fending off WRSU, which had designs on the same space for its own operations.

I may have a few things filed away somewhere about the club's history.

Good luck!

Steve, Ex-WB2ERM
RC'71, ENG'71, NLaw'79
Adjunct Professor, Rutgers Law School
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: