Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for beta testers for Win4K3Suite  (Read 1914 times)
VA2FSQ

Ignore
« on: April 27, 2013, 08:33:23 PM »

Hi I'm looking for beta testers for a continuatiob of my Windows4P3 which was a windows control program for the Elecraft P3 and a video capture board.
I got tired of issues with comport sharing programs and decided to roll my own.  Hence Win4K3 Suite.

Some of the features:
Fairly complete user interface for the Elecraft K3 with KPA500 support and P3 capabilities.
Most of the user interface which is behind "Holds" and Bset's have been brought out to dedicated buttons.  Some of the features are:
Graphics equalizer interface with savable presets.
Individual control of the noise blanker for both main and sub receivers
Access to all modes including "reverse modes"
Support for transverters
I tried to bring as much as I could to the surface, but also realized that not all functions are accessible from the K3 RS232 interface.  For example the IF shift for the subreceiver is not available. Therefore, at the moment, only the crystal filters from the main receiver are adjustable, but you can copy them to the sub.
Windows for P3, is the old version of this software which only offered P3 control if you had a SVGA board and a video capture board.  It is still a big part of the software, but now there is an experimental mode which allows the use of a 720 webcam to capture the video directly from the P3 display.  No need for a SVGA and capture board.  Not the best, but works!

The software currently has a Ham Radio Delux interface so that the Logbook can connect and get frequencey and mode information as well as offering QSY to the spots in the software.  DM780 works since it relies on the logbook itself and I presume, but have not tested, the rotator interfaces.  I am looking at integrating other software like DXKeeper and so on.
The software will not use a comport sharing program.  It will use native comport control.

One feature that I struggled with for a while but now have a solution, is getting the P3 display to work remotely.  I now am able to stream the P3 display over the internet with reasonable good response times.  Win4K3 Suite will also come with a remote mode.  The same software can be used in remote mode, and a server connected to the K3 will control the K3, KPA500 and P3 from the comfort of your vacation home!
Again, no tcp to comport utilities.  It is built in to the software.

Anyhow, I would like beta testers who can try this out and provide me with feedback.  The software will be available for beta test in about 1-2 weeks.  The remote capabilities shortly thereafter.
If you would like to see the interface, please take a look here:

http://va2fsq.com/wp-content/uploads/w4k3suite1.jpg

Please note, that the software will be supported under Windows 7 and up, but not XP. It might work, but I doubt it.

If you are interested, please send me a PM and I'll put you on the list.

Thanks, Tom
VA2FSQ

VA2FSQ
VA2FSQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 08:39:49 PM »

And no, I didn't get the Maldives when this screen shot was taken!

VA2FSQ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: