Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any tips for learning?  (Read 9430 times)
WX7G

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2013, 05:53:49 AM »

Practice every day and you will learn to focus. Learn to continue on when you miss a letter. 

CW comes easy to some and hard to others. I knew one ham who struggled mightily for months and in the end his determination made him a decent operator. I taught code to one ham who learned it in three short sessions yet after passing his Technician exam never worked code. And I taught code to a 7 year old girl who learned all 26 letters in one 20 minute session. Me, I was somewhere in the middle with a month of work needed to pass the Novice 5 WPM exam.
WX2S

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2013, 05:16:50 AM »

Here's a resource I'm using now to build speed:

http://www.morseresource.com/podcasts.php

I'm listening to the quotes a couple of times, then going back and seeing what the actual quotes were on the quote of the day page. Then I listen again, maybe a couple of times. It seems to be helping.

Wx2s.

73, - Steve WX2S.
I subscribe to the DX Code of Conduct. http://dx-code.org/
KH2G

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2013, 07:01:09 PM »

Do not try to learn in order ie a,b,c,d,e... try e,i,s,h,5 t,m,o,0 etc soon you will make words then sentences.
Trying to learn in order will ruin a person. (Taught cw in the military - age dated -hi) Notice the first series was all dits? . .. ... .... ..... you can now send 5 shes
You'll get there.
Dick
W0ALE

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2013, 06:34:32 AM »

I've been learning the Koch method through an Android app called KMT Pro.  It's great!  I've been practicing 15-20 minutes at lunch...you start with 2 letters and write down which letters you hear.  When I can copy with 95% success I add another character. It's amazing what I've learned in just a few months.  I also picked up a key and oscillator so I can practice what I've been learning.  Good luck!!
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: