Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XR0ZR Press Relase  (Read 2528 times)
IW3SQY

Ignore
« on: April 30, 2013, 01:21:47 PM »

After many months of careful planning, the XR0ZR team is pleased and proud to announce preparations for a multi-national Dxpedition to Robinson Crusoe Island in the Juan Fernandez Archipelago (CE0Z), using the call sign XR0ZR.

It is our privilege to activate this entity during the period November 8 – 20, 2013.

The Juan Fernández Islands (Spanish: Archipiélago Juan Fernández) are a sparsely inhabited island group reliant on tourism and fishing in the South Pacific Ocean, situated about 600 kilometers off the coast of Chile, and is composed of three main volcanic islands; Robinson Crusoe Island, Alejandro Selkirk Island and Santa Clara Island.

On the Club-Log’s most wanted DXCC list, Juan Fernandez, CE0Z ranks as #35 on the most wanted list for all amateur radio operators, #23 on the most wanted list for Asia, #27 on the most needed list for CW operations, and #18 on the most needed list for Digital Operations.

The Team is meeting in Santiago, Chile and will depart by a chartered aircraft on November 7th. The Team expects become active on November 8th.

The main goals of this DXpedition are to work every amateur radio operator who needs Juan Fernandez, (CE0Z) for a new DXCC country. In addition, we will be active on all bands and modes from 1.8 MHz to 50 MHz with special attention to be made to accommodate distant stations during periods when propagation permits.
We are planning to have 4 stations running simultaneously and hope to make thousand contacts worldwide.

We are kindly seeking Club and Individual Sponsors to help us defray the costs of carrying out this important Dxpedition.

Our team will consist of the following Operators: Fabri-IW3SQY (Team Leader) , Franco-IZ8GCE, Paolo-IV3DSH, Josep-EA3AKY, Les-SP3DOI, Dino-CE3PG, and Art-WA7NB. We wish everyone good propagation and we hope that you enjoy working the XR0ZR Team.

Thank you for your assistance in helping make this a world class dxpedition.

You can follow us on :

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/groups/xr0zr/

Twitter : @xr0zr

73 de

XR0ZR Team
N1UK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 01:36:16 PM »

Excellent news..I need this for an ATNO. I am looking forward to working you. Many thanks for organising this one.

73 Mark N1UK
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 01:38:59 PM by N1UK » Logged
IW3SQY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 04:54:40 AM »

Finally, the team was completed! We are pleased to to share our experience with Hans, DL6JGN.

The flights and locations have already been fixed and confirmed. Now the team will focus on technical aspect of the DXpedition, such as antennas, radios and rx systems.

Unfortunately, the island is surrounded by high mountains, and certainly does not allow us to be open to 360 degrees. Despite this, we will place our setup of antennas in order to satisfy the largest number of amateur radio operators as possible.

Surely, a major focus will be given to the RTTY, which we think is highly requested by the hamradio community.

We would like to remind you again, how important for us, is your financial support. At the time we were able to cover only part of the huge costs that this expedition required.

To give you an idea of costs, the total budget of the whole operation JUANFERNANDEZ2013 is approximately $ 56,000 (42,000 €).

That said, we would be eternally grateful if you decide to support and help us accomplish this our adventure.

On our website, http://www.juanfernandez2013.com, you can do it very simply.

XR0ZR Team
K0YQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 08:11:14 AM »

Surely, a major focus will be given to the RTTY, which we think is highly requested by the hamradio community.

We would like to remind you again, how important for us, is your financial support. At the time we were able to cover only part of the huge costs that this expedition required.

To give you an idea of costs, the total budget of the whole operation JUANFERNANDEZ2013 is approximately $ 56,000 (42,000 €).

That said, we would be eternally grateful if you decide to support and help us accomplish this our adventure.

On our website, http://www.juanfernandez2013.com, you can do it very simply.

XR0ZR Team

Thanks for giving the RTTY community a fair chance for a QSO!  Just FYI - on the donation pull-down tab on the website, the higher levels only appear when you scroll down over them.  Took me awhile to find them as I was just clicking on the tab, and all that shows at first is Basic.

Can't wait to chase you in November.
IW3SQY

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 12:14:33 PM »

Thanks for your report. I noticed this problem too, which only happens if you use Internet Explorer. If you are using Firefox, everything is displayed correctly. I can not explain why, but I will try to solve the problem.

Thanks again to everyone for the support.

Fabri iw3sqy / k3sqy
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 01:56:28 PM »

Need only a couple bandfills.  Hoping these guys will keep some of the traffic off of the Banaba and Bangladesh expeditions! Roll Eyes
73, Gene AF3Y
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 03:01:10 PM »

I'll be looking for you as an ATNO.
Need all modes & bands.

Good luck, and safe journey.
K0YQ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 06:43:28 PM »

Thanks for your report. I noticed this problem too, which only happens if you use Internet Explorer. If you are using Firefox, everything is displayed correctly. I can not explain why, but I will try to solve the problem.

Thanks again to everyone for the support.

Fabri iw3sqy / k3sqy

Looks great now.  Smiley
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 09:43:17 AM »

I only need 'em on 160 and that's it. I'll work a few fills of band-mode combinations I don't already have, but even there that's only about a half-dozen for the 8 bands/3 modes I have 'em on already.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 05:07:03 PM »

ATNO for me. Hope I can work 'em.
IW3SQY

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 03:38:45 AM »

There are now less than 20 days to our departure. The Team will start from Italy,of 6 November, and we plan to be active on the late evening of 8 November (GMT).
We will leave from Santiago, aboard two twin-engine Cessna and after about two hours, of adventurous flight, we land on the Juanfernandez airport.  Arrived on island, we reach our location, in about two hours, aboard two boats, as there are no road links.The all if the weather conditions are ok, and will allow us to meet the roadmap.

Compatibly to the location, we believe to be able to install 3 beams looking on the sea, two loops, one for 30 and one for 40 meters, other than the usual verical for 80 and inverted L for 160.
Will also be installed a beverage of about 200 meters on the beach facing the sea.

We should have sporadic access to the Internet, and then try to send the logs to clublog, once a day.
If for any reason this is not possible, do not panic, know that we will do so as soon as possible, and in any case the logs will be saved in 3 backup copies.

As always, we ask you not to make dupes QSOs, in order to give the opportunity for everyone to contact us in various bands and modes.

I’m sure we’ll have fun together, and that we will have fun.

Fabri – iw3sqy
- See more at: http://www.juanfernandez2013.com/countdown/#sthash.zyUnlDsW.dpuf
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 05:31:59 AM »

Good luck, Fabri. You have a very ambitious travel schedule, but at least your traveling west. Have fun and be safe.
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2013, 11:15:04 AM »

I wish you the best.  I could hardly wait Smiley

Jonathan W6GX
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: